Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It really does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That last panel is amazing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh my god Isaac on the last panel is unreal.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Why does she have a paper morning star in that last panel? :lol:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tupperwarez posted:

Also, has it been explained yet if spectral abilities are genetic? Isabelle's grandpa is apparently a spectral, so I'm wondering if there are/were spectrals in Max's family. Maybe a crazy grand-uncle who in retrospect wasn't so crazy after all.

I guess we now know how Max's mom died!!! (Fighting spectral/ghosts/whatever is coming to town) :aaaaa:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Seoinin posted:

I barely processed this page b/c I'm still laughing at Max's "hello? cops police? bring one maybe two grenades" from the last page.

God bless America to you too.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All that's missing is the credits song from I dunno the most anime of snimes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That last panel is incredible.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Leper Colon V posted:

Mr. Starchman for best character.

I'd like to clarify that this probably means best character of not just this comic, but of all comics.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Opposing Farce posted:

Wild speculation: Grandpa wasn't talking to Isabel.

Pretty obviously isn't. Goku has her third hit in a bind.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

See also "every single drat panel"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I know how the language works but it still took me a bit to read it.

That said, dog is gonna die.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Line Feed posted:

They're jealous that they can't be as cool as Spender. :colbert:

The sooner Spender dies, the sooner Starchman takes his place as mentor

:getin:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oxxidation posted:

Forge really likes to tilt his head upward whenever he thinks he's being cool (which is usually).

Forge is super cool.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

New one's up. The text is amazing

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Welp Friday is going to be harsh.

That alt-text :stare:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm on mobile, can someone post the alt text.

If by mobile you mean ios/safari, you can just hold down on the comic to see it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

"And by later I mean never"

:smith:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Been refreshing the site all day.

Where's the loving update??

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

: ( :

Eightfold :rip:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm glad he's aware of what people are saying. But god drat do I love Max's "hmmmmm? HMMMMMM???" This isn;t the first time he's done that either.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Pretty impressive Zack. Starting with a light hearted funny comic and then killing the main character by throwing him off a train and having an important secondary character torn apart by horrifying dog monsters. Wasn't expecting such a dark turn. Kinda gusty move imo.

Next comic will be Max succumbing to the ghost train's warping effect, twisting him to horrific proportions, leaving him buried underground in a hole. His dole.

drrr drrr drrr

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Probably not literally Satan sounds a lot like totally literally Satan.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Meowjesty posted:

Incoming Johnny.

Johnny is Max's mom? :eyepop:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Johnny needs to show up again soon he's the best

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Max ending with a metallic magikarp would be pretty hilarious.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If Spyromancy is an actual power then I should have been visited by Boss Leader a long time ago :colbert:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just remember the kind of man Spender truly is. A poly math nerd.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

When Isaac was talking to thunder dude it seemed (to me) that they had their own agenda so while he may have some resentment from bring kept in the dark I think he's aware of why he's being shut from the info he's trying to get.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I have a question. As impressive and creative this comic has and continues to be, do you think it's possible for a character BETTER than Mr. Starchman to be introduced in the future or have we peaked in awesome characters already?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Four posts from the newest update and no speculating on whether she noticed the second spirit that's possessing Max or not, for shame. Everybody knows you need to dogpile on any evidence that collaborates with pet theories as soon as they appear.

I think that's what just happened. Possession spirit is going to cut things off before BL can make him forget. That or she realized max is currently unconscious in the pass of the ghost train.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Y'all getting slow at this poo poo: New comic!

Alt-text: You're 100 years too early to be speaking MY language!! Literally you need to have been alive for a century to speak the language. And also have been a spirit that whole time.

Translation: armored spirit

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

By the way if anyone cares: I believe this was the last time we saw Spender before today. March 31 :stare:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Blackheart posted:

Dammit Spender what kind of nerd goes from pachycephalosaurus with sunglasses to a Goat with sunglasses. No wonder you get your rear end beaten.

Goats are pretty loving awesome and Pachycepjalosayrus are dumb and extinct.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Establishing that killing him would release the medium is basically saying "yo I'm killing this guy a year from now and Max will have to fight the spirit"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think we know who's Spender's inspiration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4-e4nlfdRI

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dolash posted:

She's obviously going to punch him, because Isabel communicates via punching. Feelings, frustrations, relief, even anger. Punches.

So Isabel and Johnny are going to start dating and make Max's life a living hell.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy poo poo you nerds, just post the update and marvel at (part) of that outfit.

Ghost train looks so ridiculous. I love everything about this page.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Exit Strategy posted:

Your arm is secretly your dead wife.

This sounds dumb enough to actually be a reference to something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

IUG posted:

I guess I don't get why he's angry. She's wearing the suit, it's obvious she's an agent. And Spender could be a friend with an agent for all he knows.

To be fair, they were told of the mission almost a year ago.