Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
The thing about redrawing the first X pages is that it then becomes jarring when right after that, it jumps back to a less-refined style. To me, that's far more off-putting than starting with bad art but clearly getting better.

Then again, I give comics a bit of leeway before I really start to judge the art, just because so many of them get better rather quickly. And good writing makes up for less-than-good art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

Splicer posted:

If Johnny ends up with an rear end in a top hat catdog spirit it will make my week month year forever.

I almost feel like the comic is going to be an endless cascade of Johnny almost ending up being possessed by various spirits that would be hilarious, but actually staying mundane through the end.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I just realized that Boss Leader's dialogue on this page covers the spectrum of colors.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

Looks like Zack found Cryophage's Tumblr. Someone should point him here.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

Seems to me like she seeks to shed a little sunshine on the goings-on of Mayview...

:rimshot:

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

You know, outside of the humor value it's kind of refreshing for once to have a character who is totally chill and calling out another character's bullshit like this.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I really feel as though I'm missing some subtext to this conversation, and what neither of them are doing is making all that much sense to me.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

Part of the problem, I think, is that everyone keeps using the word "dork", and I have no idea what that word means.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

This is a funny comic.

I have no clue what's going on.

I think there are some serious pacing issues.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I'd settle for regular, plot-advancing updates.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

...the plot?

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

This is an action sequence that I have absolutely no emotional investment in.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

Zack is experimenting with tying lots of things all together with multiple threads by making the panels all mirror each other—something that I don't think I've ever seen done in any other comic (web or otherwise) because

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I agree. Experimentation is good. My worry is that he gets so much praise for it that he doesn't step back to see whether or not it really works.

I also think that it could have been built up to in a better way, to have actual emotional tension here. I'm just feeling nothing for now.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

It's easy to forget about Flip-Flop, seeing as he was introduced a year ago.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

...am I missing something? The text never actually says what the relationship between Mr. Garcia and Spender actually is, right?

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

This constant ratcheting of tension just isn’t working for me, from a storytelling perspective. I feel like something needs to actually get resolved and give us a bit of a break. Right now, there are just so many things going on that it’s weirdly hard to care.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I continue to think Zach has a ton of ideas but no editor to winnow them down and no patience to put off introducing them and giving the audience a chance to breathe. I feel like ultimately, there’s just too much going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

Drunk Theory posted:

Fartdog gives no shits.

That's because he gives farts.