Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Paranatural blew my mind so hard my hair dye liquified.

It has powers. Super powers. Superfly powers. There is nothing this comic can't do.

Also it reminds me of Earthbound and that's never bad. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

See now I'm liking the plunger idea. Not only is it the silliest drat Tool, but imagine many little Johnny copies, making even littler Johnny copies.

Fractal Johnny. Johnnies all the way down.

Roger Explosion posted:

Okay, so, I'm 17 pages into the first chapter and already this is amazing. This is going to be really, really fun, isn't it?

Man, you don't even know.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

MikeJF posted:

Why are there faces in the darkness in the second last panel? :ohdear:

Also there a few spirits just randomly going through walls in the background in other panels, as you do. I think one's caught another in panel 6. It's a cruel spirit-world.

Just a school of faces doing, you know, face stuff.

Speaking of faces, Issac is really cementing his position as Third Best Face-Maker in Mayview in panel four there.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

scarycave posted:

I can see why he's hiding though - if there was some magic world-ending mcguffin or something a guy could just force themselves right through doorman to reach it and cause the end of the world. It would probably be Johnny.

Nah, Johnny would be too busy thinking up weird names to call him. Or playing some sort of bizarre game of kickball with his shiny head. Or stealing his hat.

If anyone would end the world, it would be Collin. It's the only escape from the madness.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Wow, how did I miss the wallpaper that inspired the topic in the first place. In my defense, I think I went straight to the Starchman one.

As should anyone who loves great things and, dare I say, America.

Starchman for President 2016. Vote and he'll give you a star.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

SlothfulCobra posted:

If we're going to do wacky theorycrafting, my money's on the guy with the guitar.

What's REALLY in that case?! :tinfoil:

Bootleg Starchman Stars. He's the counterfeit kingpin of Mayview.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

MikeJF posted:

Max doesn't yet know he apparently can no longer leave town except by the Ghost Train or Doorman, it would seem. Gonna be awkward.

He's just going to go wander around in the woods for a few hours then meet his dad on the turnpike outside town to get picked up, what's so weird about that?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Zerilan posted:

It's sad that Spender has to keep quiet about a lot of things with Isaac because of his possession, because they're so much alike.

Careful, say stuff like that and one of them might launch into a "we're not so different, you and I" speech and Max will have to gnaw his own arm off to escape.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

PleasingFungus posted:

Who the heck takes their shoes off in the car?

Some people.

I dunno, Spender seems like the kind of guy to make dirty kids take their shoes off in his talking face-stealing car.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

:doh:

I knew I was forgetting something. I was too blinded by how multitalented he was to notice.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Dinosaur grabby-arm is only rivaled by toilet plunger for being the best tool.

Also someone better try to suplex that ghost train.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Shame that I'm pretty sure that this guys gray energy and not black energy.

I think everything we've seen so far is steam coming off of the super-heated bits of metal/his fingers, not spectral energy. It's always been shown to be very bright and vibrant, the trails of stuff Forge produces have been way more subdued in comparison, and has that "tssssh" sound effect which brings to mind water hitting something super hot too. Who knows what his color is!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

scalded schlong posted:

I like to think things, as well. There may not be any justification from the actual text and images that make up the comic, but it's fun, and that's what counts.

Everything Johnny does makes perfect sense. It's not his fault that he's operating on a higher plane of thought than we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Splicer posted:

Johnny "slapping" R.J. is actually him wiping their tears away :allears: e: beaten.

Oh and also something about the best team up ever.

So is the most annoying power going to be ethical diatribes?

Forge has some fire-y powers. Just imagine Johnny with those.

Being able to give hotfoots whenever he wants.

Burning your toast right as you're about to take a bite ew nasty.

Setting off sprinkler systems because oh hey nice hair it looks like it took ages it would sure be a shame if something were to happen to it.