Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Ruck's just knifin' around!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwvU74aYTB4&t=48s

E: not timestamped in this one, whatever works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwvU74aYTB4

Twenty Four fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Oct 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Ruck referred to his contributions to the Roger Foi-Halleck mind map project as his "current rape" so I dunno, not a lot is being revealed here about his character imo.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
he also got extremely pissed off when sonorie said the world moved on from him and is still seething about it

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Yeah Ruck's uh predilections have been pretty clear throughout, but here we see the thing that eats away at him like venom.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Oxxidation posted:

he also got extremely pissed off when sonorie said the world moved on from him and is still seething about it

It was actually a really good little speech, the various senets had been sneering about paper gods all comic and it's a great rebuttal, but maybe saying it to the gigantic snakeman was a risky choice

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Can't argue with the winner of the fanart contest

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

GloomMouse posted:

Can't argue with the winner of the fanart contest

PANTOFFEL LIVES

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

lol @ panel 4 "I am healed." with that expression.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Spinfusors? Shazbot!

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Antigravitas posted:

Spinfusors? Shazbot!

After you said it, I can hear it in my mind. drat, I miss Tribes.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Turns out it's risky to be Ufal's political competition.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Ufal did nothing wrong

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

"Sorry I accidentally blew off your limbs people, we're cool though, right? What Chea? Oh, I'm sure they are alright, don't worry about it!"

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Wile E Coyote-rear end dismemberment

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Hmm. Darkest Paul flirting dangerously close to being kind of a badass these past few pages. Not sure how I feel about that.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Darkest Paul has been actually cool since the start of this whole sequence. It's disconcerting.

Also, man, Ufal is gonna feel bad about that for the rest of his life even though it's really not his fault.

Fuckin' Alds, man.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
for a while now it’s been clear that Paul is a highly accomplished wright beneath the skullet and the stupid name

makes you wonder if he has any contingencies in mind for ruck, because that guy is not conducive to stable leadership

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Paul definitely seems like a guy that has backup plans. He also seems pretty clear eyed about Ruck, the queen, the state of the black tongues, etc. Still he's in quite a pickle today

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

habeasdorkus posted:

Darkest Paul has been actually cool since the start of this whole sequence. It's disconcerting.

Also, man, Ufal is gonna feel bad about that for the rest of his life even though it's really not his fault.

Fuckin' Alds, man.

and after his life

I don't think you get positive reincarnation points for blowing up the pope

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Depends on the pope

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

for a while now it’s been clear that Paul is a highly accomplished wright beneath the skullet and the stupid name

It tickles me that all the most powerful people in this setting are complete dweebs.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

https://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch18/ch18_13.html

The staircase turns into a slide going down, then a buggy shows up to take you for a ride, and I guess the queen has a fast pass.

This page is like a movie's take on an amusement park haunted house or ride. Timely for Halloween, lol.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If the Queen dies, I lost those socks for nothing.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I know it's not to be but I want the black tongue that played with Timofey to live now. Surely he at least earned the privilege to die in a not too horrible way. Chea and Ufal must survive though

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

GloomMouse posted:

I know it's not to be but I want the black tongue that played with Timofey to live now. Surely he at least earned the privilege to die in a not too horrible way. Chea and Ufal must survive though

Don't jinx it!

Unsounded: The only people safe from death are already dead or aren't actually exactly people.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Cope mentioned on her Q&A page that the lady in the cart was gonna have a scene where she was a badass, so I'm guessing this is it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I am excited for Maha's take on this plot development.

also yes this means that wheelchair grandma and her badass moment remain unaccounted for

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Well, that took a sudden turn for the gayer.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

I did have pause at panel 4 and go, "why is she speaking Tanish? Where did that torc come from?" Then kept reading and went "oh.. yeah, checks out I guess, not sure how it came to be yet, but that tracks." Fun details.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
awwwww <3

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Twenty Four posted:

I did have pause at panel 4 and go, "why is she speaking Tanish? Where did that torc come from?" Then kept reading and went "oh.. yeah, checks out I guess, not sure how it came to be yet, but that tracks." Fun details.

Had to magnify the image, I guess panel 3 is Bastion doing his teleport/Bugs-Bunny-tunneling trick to lift the wheelchair out of the way, and panel 4 you see an effect that is presumably him using that to put the torc on her neck.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Was not expecting that, but I can dig it.

e: Also, gokart grandma doesn't have the torc on her in the prior page, so this is definitely Bastion warping in to do some fuckery. I expect granny to be real pissed to be kissing Darkest when she gets body control back.

Also also, lol at Darkest's tattoo.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 1, 2023

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Bastion's gayness is totally unsurprising.

Darkest being his type is completely out of left field.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

Bastion's gayness is totally unsurprising.

Darkest being his type is completely out of left field.

bastion's pretty darn pansexual

apparently darkest was a looker before balding

habeasdorkus posted:

e: Also, gokart grandma doesn't have the torc on her in the prior page, so this is definitely Bastion warping in to do some fuckery.

oh good catch

e: but apparently inaccurate

quote:

We know it wasn’t Bastion the whole time BECAUSE wheelchair lady never suddenly lost her cookies at any mention of Roger. If you look at the very first page of this scene, in the first panel, you can see his offsetting trail swirling in from the bottom, and Timofey up in the rafters eyeing it. Bastion swiped her chair after the vliegeng attack.

https://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch18/ch18_08.html

I guess the torc suddenly appearing was instead Bastion starting to de-glamour

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 1, 2023

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

That tattoo is killing me lmao. Poor Darkest has it bad

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

bastion's pretty darn pansexual

apparently darkest was a looker before balding

oh good catch

e: but apparently inaccurate

https://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch18/ch18_08.html

It's not so much the baldness as it was.. everything else about Darkest. Including the name.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

It's not so much the baldness as it was.. everything else about Darkest. Including the name.

Does Bastion strike you as a man with even an ounce of good taste?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

Does Bastion strike you as a man with even an ounce of good taste?

lmao

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Twenty Four posted:

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Had to magnify the image, I guess panel 3 is Bastion doing his teleport/Bugs-Bunny-tunneling trick to lift the wheelchair out of the way, and panel 4 you see an effect that is presumably him using that to put the torc on her neck.

Bastion's torc is first material (silver?) that has grown into his body, it can't be removed, or at least presumably can't without something so far unheard of other than death.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

That's what I think I correctly assumed when I made the above post. It was Bastion losing his glamour as the old lady. He wasn't there the whole time (like when they were debating things earlier before the current attack), but when the buggy first arrived as the getaway vehicle, that was all Bastion.

It makes him almost driving off without Darkest and then once Darkest jumped a ride and realized who it really was driving, having Bastion give him a kiss because of their past relationships (good and bad) all that much funnier and on point for the character.

I have a feeling once the "I'm kissing someone I have a past with and mixed feelings about" moment wears off for Darkest and he comes to his senses, things won't be so chummy (at least some yelling by Darkest) once they get to safety and maybe during the escape, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

:bignews: in today's update. Is this the first time we've heard about this purpose for the Silver?