Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Three pages, don't stop clickin'.

lots to analyze, the final chapter of the book resumes next friday e: i'm worse at maths than duane, the following monday

wonder where boo's bits went

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Twenty Four posted:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone hears him crying for help from his flooding cell, looks in and sees who it is,

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Can't imagine why efheby are called the Enemy of Man.

ruckmearkha owns

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Tonight, paper god turns flesh

son of a submariner, he really has been in on the scam the entire time

also, good to see him starting to really cut loose

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

But man has not become Her. Surely she looks on this Second World. Looks and Sees.

Man has become Me.

knife knife knife, yes ha ha yes

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 11, 2023

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

he also got extremely pissed off when sonorie said the world moved on from him and is still seething about it

It was actually a really good little speech, the various senets had been sneering about paper gods all comic and it's a great rebuttal, but maybe saying it to the gigantic snakeman was a risky choice

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Turns out it's risky to be Ufal's political competition.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

habeasdorkus posted:

Darkest Paul has been actually cool since the start of this whole sequence. It's disconcerting.

Also, man, Ufal is gonna feel bad about that for the rest of his life even though it's really not his fault.

Fuckin' Alds, man.

and after his life

I don't think you get positive reincarnation points for blowing up the pope

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If the Queen dies, I lost those socks for nothing.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I am excited for Maha's take on this plot development.

also yes this means that wheelchair grandma and her badass moment remain unaccounted for

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

Bastion's gayness is totally unsurprising.

Darkest being his type is completely out of left field.

bastion's pretty darn pansexual

apparently darkest was a looker before balding

habeasdorkus posted:

e: Also, gokart grandma doesn't have the torc on her in the prior page, so this is definitely Bastion warping in to do some fuckery.

oh good catch

e: but apparently inaccurate

quote:

We know it wasn’t Bastion the whole time BECAUSE wheelchair lady never suddenly lost her cookies at any mention of Roger. If you look at the very first page of this scene, in the first panel, you can see his offsetting trail swirling in from the bottom, and Timofey up in the rafters eyeing it. Bastion swiped her chair after the vliegeng attack.

https://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch18/ch18_08.html

I guess the torc suddenly appearing was instead Bastion starting to de-glamour

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 1, 2023

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

In a world with explosives, helplessness is a choice. :911:

keep clicking forward

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Now there's some solid screwiness with the medium. keep clicking forward, for certain values of forward

shirts and skins posted:

this should have been a sign. F

also I think this more or less confirms people's thoughts about Murkoph being Ssael. We've probably just seen what the being pawing at the cracked tower looks like from the other side. And look at those lion jaws!

we saw the entity inside the khert somewhere in the last chapter, with Ilganyag's "ah, look who finally showed up", but I can't immediately find the page.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Nov 29, 2023

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Looks like maybe Sette found a flashback scene in the khert.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

It's all hinky enough that I'm thinking the first Etalarche curse had something to do with it. and maybe the southern Gefendur took their brethren claims at face value at the time

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Fabricated posted:

I'm starting to think this Nary guy isn't a very good father and Sette would be better off with Duane despite him being a racist zombie.

What don't predators do, Sette?

two pages

also been a couple since someone posted, so if you're catching up, go up a bit and click on 18-36

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

[bleeeeeeeeeeeeep]

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Sette Frummagem can fix everything! :buddy:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Yet another good Ruck panel. I'm not actually certain who in that little crew is in danger from him tbh, he's off the chain (and the two skilled wrights aren't really in a position to cast) but could plausibly still have a use for Darkest, Bastion, and Sonorie.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

This, uh. This could be a metaphysical and theological big deal.

Souls and memories are allegedly quite different things...

however,

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

so is Winails an Ald, then? I'm afraid I lost track

Yeah, he's a Jet. That's why his casting range is junk. Remember when he had to teleport to Elka and touch her to (briefly) take her down.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Runa posted:

wait does that mean that Ruck's going to steal aggro because of his lunch

Based on Bastion's reaction that seems to be the case!

Staltran posted:

Huh? I don't get it.

Bastion and the general page subtext are implying that whatever bits of Roger Ruck is holding off on digesting aren't just his memories, they're pieces of his soul, at least enough to carry the Etalarche curse.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Two pages today. She done nawt to you! Seems like Ruck might be done messing around.

and as sette is incoherently pointing out, duane is letting an efheby snatch a child

and... did darkest paul get gibbed? :ohdear: he died as he lived: with a stupid haircut, and fondling bastion in an ill-advised and emotionally complicated way

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If it was his doin', it was Tiddybird's doin'! From the start, it's been her!

good job sette, too bad it might be too late

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

GloomMouse posted:

Please don't gently caress this up, Duane

Much depends on him being the man he has always been.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

That's certainly not the revelation I was expecting.

lol we've all been had, what an amazing gag

the plot relies on sette's lifestyle choice of illiteracy

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

DrSnakeLaser posted:

It is filled with something though, right? Sette noted it smelt like trapping her tail in a door so there's something pain-spellwork related.

The idea that the trinket is some junk bought locally because Bastion cant carry stuff when he teleports doesn't quite work for me, seeing as he teleported a whole-rear end Darkest Paul with him this chapter. Maybe Paul ended up being jaunted.

That was a special case, this is a khert fire and Bastion was muddled enough to try to offset through it. Cope elaborated a bit on the trinket question: it's not impossible to transport something from Bastion's secret workshop in Alderode to Sharteshane, but it's annoying and expensive, and there are plenty of chances for it to get misplaced. Many of them in Sharteshane.

Easier to buy something in Sharteshane and if you feel spicy, attach some cheap First Glass with red light and color aspects or something.

actually it could be a serving of Delicieu's pain potion tbh, that would account for the sensation and visuals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

isndl posted:

Squishes can come in the form of a happy little whale! :3:

who helped out

anyway I feel like this is *almost* making sense, time to see what Jacaranda presumably says next week