Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

isndl posted:

If you bleed out your memories before dying, do they ever return to the Khert?

If it works like the venom it's based on, no. That poo poo's gone for good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

What's interesting to me here is that if a dude's primary value to you is that he knows a ridiculous number of secrets that you want, just slicing the poo poo out of him with a blade that makes you bleed memories is literally the dumbest possible thing you could do. Darkest Paul, everyone.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

They're senet beasts, specifically Stormbringers. They're the male counterpart to the Water Women we saw earlier. Specifically, they tend to have crazy sex with them which causes storms. The shield is getting in the way of them doing that, but also they are agitated about something (according to the last couple of comics). We don't know what the thing they're agitated about is yet. They aren't too bright and have virtually no memory retention, which contributes to their current behavior.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

There was a dude named Mad'Monster'Maniac who would comment on the comic, and he was bad and wrong about almost everything.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ashley use Disqus or something, and if she does I would expect to see his comments voted down pretty rapidly.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

All the Red Berry Boys are dead, so we had some open slots.

I figure we're going to get more cleanup as we get to the end of the book, though, one way or another.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

the holy poopacy posted:

I don't follow outside discussion, but has it been confirmed that this anti-wright fighter is actually someone new?

Ashley Cope posted:

Yeah, masked man isn’t Lemuel. Always weirds me out a little when I see that theory. He doesn’t look like Lem, doesn’t fight like Lem, doesn’t act like Lem.

From https://unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/673792138323066880/so-many-people-saying-masked-man-is-lemuel

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

I wouldn't say it's a distraction - they need to clear all the soldiers out of the area so they can do whatever it is they need to do with the hub. They waited until the Coppers showed up and did their dammakhert nonsense, since they presumably need it to be hooked up for their plan, and now the Black Tongues are going to go in there and use it. The soldiers would probably object to them doing that.

The Crescian battlewright's words might be revealing here - maybe they're going to prevent Alds from harming Crescians or something along those lines.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

It isn't the first time.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

It may be a bit confusing, but I believe what she did in this page is tear out her own memories of Starfish and destroy them. (Note that the red stuff is coming out of her, not from the environment.)

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Just based on the structure of the story, I'd say we're supposed to believe this account (although that's not to say there can't still be missing pieces). It's a time for revelations.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

She has said in the past that some characters will be leaving with book one, but hasn't said which, or how, or who will continue to stick around.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Is there any character in this comic, aside from Matty, that isn't going to eventually hit Sette?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

I hate those loving palm teeth so much my god they make my hands itch every time I see them

Ashley's Patreon posted:

I love the little teeth peeping from Sette's gory hand. They're a really weird feature and skirt the periphery of body horror, if you ask me. I can't wait to draw them more now that they've finally broken skin.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

The lion has shown up in a few places in the comic before. It has looked like it has a tail in most of them, but the reveal here is that it never has; the tail belongs to this other Sette who has been riding it. You also have this:

You can see a lion and a Sette off in the distance, but the lion's butt is obscured by a lens flare (okay, luminous mist) so it's not clear that it doesn't have a tail. Presumably we were meant to think the person walking next to him was Sette Prime, but actually it's this other Sette that's just now shown up.

That's really about it in terms of what we know for sure. The idea of additional Settes existing has come up a few times (Minnow, for instance, mentioned knowing Sette but not this particular Sette). We just don't know why or how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Ashley, on Patreon posted:

"Shipbuilder" is a very, very old-fashioned thing to call a Sharteshanian. Even Sette doesn't know what the turd means by it. Sharteshane was founded by seafaring raiders and they still have a strong maritime culture.