Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also it's currently totally tripping balls right now come check it out! :lsd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:stonk:

I really hope this guy is not going to be given a positive treatment :ohdear:

Sette cut off that hand (his or yours I don't care) and run you dumb little fucker

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pyradox posted:

Bad news: She just tried slicing his face off but apparently her dagger is useless here.

Well, it was useless on his prison but he's definitely bleeding. He just doesn't seem to care :stare:

Why does this comic have to be simultaneously pretty as hell and creepy as gently caress :gonk:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got a Duane sketch on my book! He's even smiling :allears:

Also I didn't know it was pronounced dwayne hahaha :downs:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The interesting (and by interesting I mean most horrifying) part is you can tell that's pretty mundane. I mean, it might bother the squeamish but it's right out in public, people just walking/riding by without really giving a poo poo...

People can be acclimatized to the most horrible things :stonk:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well we already know the Black Tongues are necromantic dabblers and experimenters so... who knows?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Basically Ashley Cope has managed to create a unique fantastic world as hosed up as our own woo :downsgun:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wonder why a boy that young has a prosthetic limb like that :raise:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eh, that's a high enough road for me :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah if it wasn't clear already Ashley Cope has very dark imagination/sense of humor/etc.

Probably a frightening person to know in real life, honestly.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So what is up with Sette and her tail and blood and stuff anyway :confused:

Fake Edit: Unless Murkoph is immune to pain that missed stomp probably hurt like hell.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He emotes grumpiness far better without the glamour :allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Captain "Hater" indeed :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess that Uaid is even more of an experimental superweapon thing than we first figured.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think he was just trying to teach him a quick lesson about calling people freaks. Though I'm not sure if making him look like a plat is a good punishment for him being insensitive to a plat kid really :shrug:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, when magic is literally tricking the universe into thinking that one object has the properties of another, your own properties are liable to be at risk :shrug:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The structure of magic in this comic is really cool. Swapping the properties of your armour for your enemies to gain an advantage :allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, um, Christ :stonk:

What the hell is Starfish's little operation for?

Or is it interference by that freaky kobold cannibal(?) guy?

E: had my wires crossed, typed the wrong name.

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jan 31, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Duane you enormous nerd stop that

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stockyard's kind of hot. Too bad he's most likely a monster :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Look, we've got a fairly liberal definition of "not a monster", seeing as one of our protagonists is a zombie who eviscerated and ate part of a dude earlier and the other is some kind of unhuman child thing that just bit off somebody's finger :pseudo:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah that's the thing that really elevates him from the background radiation of shittiness into possible full-stop monsterdom :v:

Fake edit: Half-dead? Nah, they're full dead, if the concept of life and death applies to them at all at this point.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know people with pointy teeth!

I've never touched them though, I'm terrified of physical contact in general :spergin:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

reignonyourparade posted:

I'm pretty sure if most people had teeth that sharp fingers would get bitten off all the time, its only the impracticality of biting someone's finger off that keeps hands unmaimed.

Don't try this at home, but it's actually really, really, really easy to bite off a finger :eng101:

Our teeth and jaws are sufficiently sharp and strong that the capacity to sever a human finger at the joint isn't even a question.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nah, some of the stuff they've gotten is material goods you could divvy up and send a cut of back.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skippy McPants posted:

Oh look, a shoe is dropping.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

idonotlikepeas posted:

The whole point of sending Sette was to keep Duane on-task

Are you sure of that? One-of-a-kind things. Seems to me she's just as likely to be integral to this conspiracy.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oxxidation posted:

Murkoph entering the larger plot right now would be like dropping a washing machine into a jet turbine, which I don't think I want. Still, I like the rhythm and flow of his dialogue and the way he messes with panel layout, so I will persevere for now.

i see what you're trying to say but your metaphor doesn't work because dropping a washing machine into a jet turbine sounds awesome, i want to see that poo poo on a slowcam now :allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tar_Squid posted:

Its not just RP Murkoph though. Her response to the fan asking for a Murk penis sketch was to brag about the size of his dick. :jerkbag:

i would do the same, because it would be funny

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
me, apparently

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dicks are inherently funny

answering somebody's request for a picture of a thing with bragging ramble about said thing (and not drawing that thing) is also inherently funny

v:shobon:v

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that's generally a good day-ruiner there

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
basically the khert is the underlying fabric of reality, magic is basically taking qualities from one object and applying them to another by manipulating the khert

first materials, like the clay the ogre is made of, existed before the khert, and so aren't part of it. they can't be affected by most magic because of that. vi figured out that first materials have their own, mini-khert(s?); in the present, quigley is trying to use the techniques she was inventing to magically reknit uaid's normally magic-proof leg.

we're also probably being given a bit of a chekhov's gun here with vienne demonstrating that normal objects can be temporarily cut off from the khert as well, i think.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why is stockyard crying?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
really hoping starfish's part in this story comes to a short, sharp end in this chapter

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sheeeeeeeeeiitt that's sure a page there :stonk:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nope

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jackoph

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i prefer to dream bigger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Roland Jones posted:

Things this page has shown us: Murkoph does not understand math. (Or he's making an idle joke, but I prefer to think that he doesn't understand how numbers work.)

i'm reasonably sure you have to understand math to get what he said :spergin: