Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Why do I feel like the underground is very floodable right about now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

I just noticed the comic header has an empty shelf of twin skulls. Knowing how much Ashley likes incorporating the website with the page (and brutal murder) they'll probably be filled up soon.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

This chapter feels longer than it needs to be but maybe I'm just losing patience with the newer character not being able to spit it out.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Duane's probably going to let the Alderode army in, check out for the night while Lady I tells him not to think too hard and then perform some truly heroic mental gymnastics that his side killing children is good, actually.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

I'm not certain Matty will die as Cope said he represented Vienne's way of thinking and his death would remove that. Also he's young with plenty more years of trauma to go through :unsmigghh:

Quigley, Ruffles and every shrine girl are fair game.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

Was looking back at the title back and, uhh, everyone on the path is dead, right?

Huh, Siya has been tearing pages out of her notebook, never noticed that before.

If Duane has a waterwoman pearl, maybe he's going to stick it in the chest of the dead water baby in Lori's office.
Probably so when the Aldish murder everyone inside he can think "I saved a child!" :dumb:

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

3 panel wind up backhand, nice.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I gotta say I really like Ash's fat men on the cast and how she obviously loves drawing them lol

beloved and inexplicably hot Captain Claggart, Ana's dangerous but interpersonally pleasant boyfriend, odious scumbags Starfish and Ricker, the gentle and benevolent monarch of Sharteshane, and undoubtedly some bit players I've forgot

That wright that was travelling with the red berry boys before Duane thrashed him.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

"Mistress Lori's disgraced because her twin ran off! With a boy!!! Anyway where's Jivi"

-Sara "what is my twins problem" Litriya

If the two escapees run into the Crescian army would that improve their survival odds or as disgraced twins are they treated as deserters and lose their sacred benefits?

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Anyone else think the co-pilot with the blue scarf is Mikaila?

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

It's fine! She'll be battered by the river, but she'll be washed down to Jivi and Matty in a stroke of divine luck! It's fine! :smithicide:

See the above happening later in the chapter in the worst possible way.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Fabricated posted:

Lem has a lot of nerve to lecture anyone considering the obviously hosed up poo poo he was involved in. If he was part of the conspiracy that killed Duane and Mikaila then he can eat a big bowl of poo poo if he somehow blames Duane for not doing whatever he needed to do to politely die on his own.

Lem absolutely blames Duane for getting himself assasinated, in his view Duane squandered any opportunities to help Alderode by sticking to his sense of morals instead of making any "pragmatic" solutions like agreeing to the use of the Weeping Plague. Duane's death was another pragmatic solution, just this one involved fratricide.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

It's been a while, was it confirmed if General Bell commissioned the Silver weapon?

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Twenty Four posted:

That's a Matty Plan, who is chilling on his "own" with Uaid right now talking to the construct and himself. Jivi was last seen with the headmistress and the other kids minus Matty when they split up to keep the kids safe while the adults in the shrine went off to kick butt.

I don't think Jivi has shown up again since going back in to search for the others.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Knew it. Also,

Oxxidation posted:

I find the fact that he basically took Duane’s daughter and remade her in his image more disturbing than anything else he’s done so far, honestly
makes me think that Leysa, Simon and the rest of the Adelier's were all killed on the same night so Lemuel would have full control over her growing up. He needed someone to hate Crescian's as much as he does.

Is Duane actually talking aloud on the last page?

DrSnakeLaser fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jan 17, 2022

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

On todays page, Ashley must have thought "hmm how can I make clowns even more horrifying?"

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Had to do a monster of a double-take after an oblique comment on Ash's QnA:

Well something has to hold that mask in position, why not tiny arms?

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Quigley really is determined to suicide by proxy, isn't he?

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Is it me or has the index page image been updated? Uaid is gone but so is ## Elka ## :ohdear:

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Every chapter I make a mental dead pool but I always forget Pantoffel. She's a good girl who deserves good things :cry:

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Quigley getting owned left and right, as it should be.

Also "Nary A'Care Frummagem is a poo poo pie!" is a pretty accurate summary.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

The best part of Ruck's appearances are looking to see what the tiny head hands are up to.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Slightly relieved that it wasn't Jivi getting impromptu hand surgery.

Ashley said Sette files her teeth into points during a tumblr ask, I think? I'm wondering if it was more specifically her back teeth to match the front.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

Went back to do a reread, and I hadn't realized Cope had already shown us Nary choking Sette as early as chapter 2. Now that is some foreshadowing.

I remembered the papered-over memory (which is red, that's a nice touch) but not the many grasping hands which haven't been removed. That's quite creepy.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Flavahbeast posted:

smoke eel'd again!

You're talking about page 126 right?

...right?

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

I remembered the plat soldiers died in the khert fire. I forgot they were turned into fractals.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Agaragon posted:

In Quigley's defense, and I cannot believe I just typed that, all the weird khert poo poo going on is so bad it made his nose start bleeding, on top of the ROGER FOI-HELLICK poo poo. I don't think he's physically capable of stopping and having a rational conversation right now.

But yes, he probably wouldn't have one of those anyways because he's a garbage human being.

His eyes, too. At this rate all the khert pressure is going to liquify his brain.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Bell has such a horrible expressive face, it just looks so rubbery.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Just occured to me after seeing the Khert ghosts that Karl probably died off-screen in the bombing, the smarmy little git :mad:

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Really appreciate the joke of Bastion scoffing at Sette signing her handiwork at the Nevergreen when he goes full ham with his signature.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

There is no possible way Ruck will not reappear wearing the hat.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Quigley's face in the bottom left panel is incredible.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

"Sorry Sette, sometimes horrible things just have to happen.

Not to my family though, that's different."

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

drat Sette, sorry both your father figures are terrible. Maybe take a chance on Toma?

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

It is filled with something though, right? Sette noted it smelt like trapping her tail in a door so there's something pain-spellwork related.

The idea that the trinket is some junk bought locally because Bastion cant carry stuff when he teleports doesn't quite work for me, seeing as he teleported a whole-rear end Darkest Paul with him this chapter. Maybe Paul ended up being jaunted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

I did think Sette was going to stick that coat somewhere

Captain Oblivious posted:

I’ve not the faintest idea where we go from here

There's still time for the other characters to have unimaginably horrible things happen to them.

Speaking of which, I was thinking that Ruck still has the memory-cutting knife in his possession. If Toma gets sliced, will he lose the memories of Chea while he's fighting to save her?