Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Maybe I missed it earlier but I hadn't realized Lemuel had been a soldier since he was 12. Guess Alderode uses non-plat child soldiers too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Yeah the Etalarche thing does make the most sense for why he's SPECIFICALLY sending the Alds away, but why would Vampire stick around then? Is he planning on booking it with Shaensigin before the shield comes down?

Does Vampire know what the plan is with the Etalarche curse? He said the Khert-fire is to stop the curse and that they'll be in Cresce before the fire's over. It doesn't sound like he knows Foi-Hellick intends to let the curse take hold.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Cat Mattress posted:

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch14/ch14_92.html

So he's using a codename just to avoid Aldish intel finding out his actual identity and etalarching him? That works?

Stinging, not etalarching. And apparently so! (Might not be the only reason for the codename though.)

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Are the Gefendur and Ssaelit even allowed to convert to the other in Alderode?

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
So it isn't really surprising the Ssaelit don't proselytize a lot. No reason to bother, really.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
It seems like an actual hallucination to me, but I don't think Ruck's in control of it. Just Bell's mind starting to be swiss cheese.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Conspiratiorist posted:

There have never been Inak in Alderode. Besides the tribe Shaensigin took with her in the flashback chapter it's likely either there just aren't any or that they exist in too few numbers and/or in such remote (deep) locations they simply never had contact with humans in the North.

Inak genocide and enslavement, at least within recorded history, is a sin exclusive to the rest of the continent.

Then what was Shaensigin talking about when he said Alderode took away their sky?

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Maybe her hand ports are weird in some way? Or she doesn't have them? There doesn't seem to be anything obviously unusual about her hands visually.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Have we seen outright lies illustrated before? I'm inclined to think that what we're shown is true (so... being present when Sette was born, showing her ma off a pier), though a lot of the rest might be bullshit. In particular I'm still not fully convinced Sette's stillborn twin is real... though I'm not sure why Nary would specify the twin was male since all twins in Kasslyne are identical. The detail about Sette's name being suggested by the Black Tongues seems like it would be a pointless lie, too.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Prakhuta already had a soul though, it just wasn't a human soul. I don't think you could just replace it? And grafting a whole human soul into an existing Inak soul sounds off too. Might very well have been where Delicieu got the materials for whatever he did, though.

Also I missed earlier (until I read one of Cope's tumblr posts) that Nary is drunk in this page. So maybe less (intentional) gaslighting going on than we've been assuming?

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Human souls are special in that they do that, but I'm pretty sure all animals have souls. (Possibly only on Kasslyne, yeah, we don't know anything about other continents, or if there even are any.) Not sure where that's stated explicitly Duane claims that souls do the thinking too when telling the Shaensigin story to the old Inak in the shrine, which wouldn't really make sense if he didn't believe Inaks have souls at all. And I think Inaks call human souls long souls because of that? Implying the existence of regular souls.

(Also the long soul is apparently needed to cast, since humans and Prakhuta are the only ones that can do that, but that's probably directly related to the khert-memory-dump thing?)

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Fabricated posted:

According to Nary she was definitely born. So this physical body we're looking at has existed for at least a couple decades.

I don't think Sette is 20 or older, it seems like it hasn't been completely obvious that she hasn't been aging. I'd guess early-mid teens.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Do animals not have souls?

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Goatse James Bond posted:

This, uh. This could be a metaphysical and theological big deal.

Souls and memories are allegedly quite different things...

however,

Huh? I don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Or maybe he just forgot about it, since he had no idea Sette was under the impression it was important. e: wait poo poo Duane doesn't forget things anymore does he?