Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

So Cope's going to etalarche the ssaelit religion, isn't she? I can feel it in my bones, she's setting up a mad Order 66 moment with Mickie, I'm sure of it.

I feel sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I'm nearly certain it's also reminding us of how bloody psycho etarlarche-affected alds are and setting up whatever the Queen and the Blacktongues are about to do.

It's classic: plan is set in motion, cut to unsuspecting victims, build tension with said unsuspecting victims going about their (horrible) daily lives, maybe having conversations with plot secrets about to be revealed only to be interrupted by BOOM, execute order 66.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Nah, that's probably just the memory of when he got blinded.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

It's so satisfying to see this particular plot thread resolved. It's a kind of heart warming we don't often get in this comic.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

NO loving WAY

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Don't give me hope, I can't stand it.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Ashley, all is forgiven.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

:bignews: in today's update. Is this the first time we've heard about this purpose for the Silver?

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Tittybird's been whispering in his ear too, cooking him for this moment - plus I think maybe he's absorbed some of the eelshit Sette's been flinging around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

This just came up on the Ask tumblr:

quote:

Didn't Duane have possession of the amulet a few times?

quote:

Of course. Which is why you should have known this was coming, if you didn’t :) Why would he have ever given it back to her if it was anything but a big old nothingburger. Duane can be a ditz, but he’s not a moron. Especially when it comes to pymary and pymarics.

But yes, the materials master scrutinized the thing the first time he saw it. Costume jewellery from Beadman’s. Gaudy, ugly, nickel-plated steel Black Tongue-themed nonsense Sette wore as a good luck charm or some such. The “Tainish” doesn’t even translate to anything, it’s scribbles. Mildly offensive, honestly, but common in Sharteshane.

Anyway, more details next page. I almost did a double update tonight but decided the next pair go better together.

Oh! Another clue that it was fake: Bastion can’t travel with anything but his body and his torc. So how’d he bring some super special amulet to podunk New Tawhoque, Sharteshane? I actually have waited years for someone to ask about this but no one ever did :( I even put him in his old first appearance outfit this chapter so close readers would realise that had been a glamour, he was naked in his first scene because he must have offset to get there, so the amulet must have come from somewhere local.

You failed me, readers! ;)

https://unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/748432308679360512/didnt-duane-have-possession-of-the-amulet-a-few

Dammit, Cope.