Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
The chapter breaks have allowed Cope to do an incredible job of sticking to her consistent publication schedule, but man it's rough when we're in the midst of the action like this and it'll be 6 weeks until we get back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

LOL. fuckin' Karl is still alive.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

ISS THISSS KAARRL?!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Maybe Ruck should be less of a giant dick if he wants people to like him.

Also, the fanworks challenge is up, and I mention this solely to point out what should absolutely be the artwork winner: Lego Uaid.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

There's other neat fan-art pieces, as well. I liked the little Ruffles doll.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

GloomMouse posted:

Can't argue with the winner of the fanart contest

PANTOFFEL LIVES

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Darkest Paul has been actually cool since the start of this whole sequence. It's disconcerting.

Also, man, Ufal is gonna feel bad about that for the rest of his life even though it's really not his fault.

Fuckin' Alds, man.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Cope mentioned on her Q&A page that the lady in the cart was gonna have a scene where she was a badass, so I'm guessing this is it.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Was not expecting that, but I can dig it.

e: Also, gokart grandma doesn't have the torc on her in the prior page, so this is definitely Bastion warping in to do some fuckery. I expect granny to be real pissed to be kissing Darkest when she gets body control back.

Also also, lol at Darkest's tattoo.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 1, 2023

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Sette, if you keep making that face it'll get stuck that way.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Someone in the Khert's been collecting memories of Sette, and hiding them beneath the boughs of the neverborn. Seems late in this part of the tale for a new character unless they're gonna be important in the next book. That'd leave Tittybird or Murkoph or the babby lion that was with the two of them last we saw Murk?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

These are some fantastic pages.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Noooo, Ufal!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Ufal ain't lookin' very good. OTOH, Sette is gonna treasure parts of this night for the rest of her life.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, I don't think we've seen the last of Tarpaulin. Also, for fucks sake Duane, you morally stunted soul flotsam.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Cope's comment on the link to the comic today: "This is drat near a perfect reversal of their blow-out in the second chapter, when Sette did not want to help the milk-hicks with their slaver problem while Duane wished for nothing more. I think it’s interesting to see that Sette has grown a real sense of justice and fairness and charity, and Duane, when faced with a crumbling worldview, has retreated to the far darker yin of his personal convictions."]

I agree and Sette should be real proud. Duane, otoh, will regret it for the rest of his unlife if he doesn't unstick his head from twixt his nethers in time to help.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I feel like the actual control is that he sees Sette as his daughter, and not as Mikaela but as Sette. The bauble was just to give Sette confidence that she had control of him herself.

I do recall him returning it to her previously, though, so yeah, I don't think this works quite as well if we're taking it as him finding out than from Sette pulling out all the stops to try to prevent him from making a huge mistake.

Sette's ~20 years old, though, she should learn to read.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Big oof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Holy poo poo. This comic loving rules and we've been at the fireworks factory for MONTHS at this point.

I wonder if Sette is gonna end up bringing Duane fully back to life. No pymary bullshit, full reinstantation of his soul into a proper flesh and blood human body. I don't think Cope has been lying to us all these years about them still being together in part 2.

Also, Cope's said that Sette isn't Ssael, but she's clearly related to him somehow and also is part of someone's long game. I'd guess Tittybird? That'd explain how Bastion knew to match up her and Duane in the first place.

Also also, is that her speaking in the final panels of page 3 or someone else? Couldn't quite tell.

day-gas posted:

Completely unfounded conspiracy theory – y’all he’s about to meet Ssael

I can buy it.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 26, 2024