Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
He did it! He punched him! What a shocking twist!
Exclamation points!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Darth Walrus posted:

You're... absolutely sure that's not a joke, right? Because it sounds like a joke.

Nnnnno, trust me, I saw the comments too, it was no joke.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
I love it when she plays with the site design like this! I didn't even notice the guy up there the previous page, made me go back though the last few pages to see if I missed anything else.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

EgoEgress posted:

Brace for incoming mage rage. If Duane isn't royally pissed off I'll be very surprised.

Also did his foot come completely off? drat, it sucks to be a zombie. Maybe he can get a peg leg.

he just replaced the leg with the one he took off the dead guy from the love hotel

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Cope always dodges questions about Sette's age, whatever Sette actually turns out to be is going to be one of the big corner stones of Unsounded, I think.

My money is on some fragment of one of the gods.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
I find it interesting that everybody goes 'every country is terrible!!' rather than every country has its pluses and minuses. I think its a pretty realistic setting in that aspect.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Fabricated posted:

Today's page gave me the impression she was using her new knowledge of his past to manipulate him and she was annoyed that she felt guilty about doing it, hence her cursing the gods/her dad about it. She's still manipulating him; she just actually feels bad about it now.

I imagine she'll finally get her real comeuppance whenever she gets the big origin reveal and finds out she's not really Nary's daughter or even human for that matter.

I hope she never gets comeuppance. I love Sette just how she is. As for not having empathy, she's a child, most don't.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Well these guards are also in Stockyard's pocket, remember.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Gabriel Pope posted:

Aw shucks, here I thought they were the good kind of cops that are on the payroll of a villainous crimelord who is literally destroying the city.

I know, right! What a shocker!!

Seriously have people forgotten we already learned these are very crooked cops?

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Tollymain posted:

Yeah, um, Christ :stonk:

What the hell is Quigley's little operation for?

Or is it interference by that freaky kobold cannibal(?) guy?

Its not Quigley's, he was just a hired goon. This is Stockyard's game, at the behest of some other power no doubt.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Jackard posted:

Wait is that his phylactery? What's supposed to happen if he learns of it?

We're not really sure what it is, but it is something that allows Sette to control nighttime Duane. If he learns of it he'll be even more pissed off I imagine.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
I'm thinking that everything is connected and getting both Duane and Sette there along with that silver is all part of one big plan. What that plan is, who can say really, but I've been doubting for a while Bastion would be so eager to let on about Duane's condition to Nary merely for him to send his (maybe?) daughter on a collections mission. There's a great big plot at work here, and we could have the curtain start to peel away this week possibly, very exciting!!

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Annd.... done thinking about it!!

I love the pacing of this comic.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
The shear amount of Murkoph hate, and not just hate of the char hate enough to say you don't want to read the comic, baffles me. I think the char is so over the top he wraps around to hilarious again.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Cope has hinted that we're gonna see some major Death of named chars this chapter.

I bet Toby and Starfish are going to bite it. Toby to give Ana a reason to join team Sette and Starfish to really indicate how the plot is moving up and beyond him, he's had his time to be terrible - he really seems like an early game small time villain, and whatever is going on is far bigger than he is. No better way to show that than to axe him off here.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Toby is so dead right here

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
I wonder if its feeding off of the bodies that were just brought back too, the memories of dead soldiers just killed in a battle with Alderode.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
There goes one of my two death predictions... the other I called was Starfish.

Come on 2 for 2!!!!

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Fabricated posted:

The hell are Duane and Sette talking about?

She evidently made a request for him to write something as they made their off screen escape, and he's of course going to do it now, and do it well!

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
What were you expecting, her to just eat her buffer all at once? Its a chapter cover, like all the rest of the returns.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Looks like the conspiracy about the silver in Cresce runs high up the ladder indeed.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Seriously, banning one guy opens up the moderation slope and she shouldn't have to deal with that. MMM would stop posting if people didn't reply to him. And if he doesn't then just laugh at the guy shouting into the void.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
If the Roger data is what could lead to the gigantic silver monster that would explain nicely why the lady abandoned the black tongues - she found that possible future and wanted no part of the group due to it.
of course that would mean she partially caused the future by abandoning them too but hey, thats prophesy for you!

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Rexxed posted:

The posts in this thread pointed out to me that the RSS for Unsounded died a week or so back. I hope this custom feedity rss works out.

Her site got hacked, so she killed the blog and it looks like the RSS feed was a causality as well. She's said she's going to rebuild it all during the next chapter break.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Bad Seafood posted:

Good.

I need my weekly dose of Triple M.

Hahaha, its amazing how many people keep getting bothered by him in the comments and arguing with him.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Fabricated posted:

Well, give your well-wishes to Ashley because she's pretty much directly in the path of the hurricane.

She's made it through ok, but her power is going to be out for days, so don't panic at the lack of monday's update!

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
We saw snakedude bite marks on Bell at one point, so there's evidence for it!

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Thats probably why he's so judgmental - Sette reminds him of the life he harshly rejected.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
what a wonderful comic

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
That was never the core narrative, Sette and Duane's journey was the method by which to start small and then pull the camera back as you introduce the reader to more and more. Its fine if you liked it better when it was focused on them, but its not like Cope got bored and came up with all this other stuff on the fly.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
I've heard of bodice rippers but never bosom rippers!

Now theres a powerful scene.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
really who hasn't wanted to rip their tits off and throw them in the lake at some point

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Also its very dense and a slow burn. The caste thing doesn't show up for many many pages, for example. Even now if you don't read stuff like Cope's tumblr or her Patreon you don't have a full picture of the aldish castes just from the comic. I think the comic stands on its own if you take some time to reread and think about things a tad, but thats more investment than your average webcomic.

Also a few people I've shown the comic to don't want to read it because they don't like Sette which is a terribly wrong opinion but that is probably pretty common.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Straight White Shark posted:

the author repeatedly brings up Herman Melville as her primary literary inspiration and boy does it show

I was going to bring this up, to the author the denseness isn't a bug, but a feature, considering her favorite novel is Moby Dick.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Way more curse action on the site today, make sure you click all the links on the top left.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Those lizards are so loving doomed.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
No wonder she got so many black tongue husbands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
You put the > the wrong way :v:
You said doomed to more than 30 years, not less than.
Remember the little alligator always eats the bigger number!