Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

idonotlikepeas posted:

The only real question is whether his family was killed horribly or mercifully quickly.

Given his fierce desire to ensure children are not hurt or killed, I'm going to guess pretty horribly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Well, that's good, at least she's aware of why people don't like him. And it sounds like she doesn't want him to be there as her "pet character" either. Hopefully, once he gets tied into the story better it will be less off putting. Or maybe just as off putting, but logical within the context of the larger story.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

PleasingFungus posted:

Where's the smiley face?

On the left of the panel where she grabs the poisoned star. The black crud forms a smiley face.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Ya. Sette's background is one of the unknowns of the comic right now. It's pretty clear that her "dad" doesn't treat her nearly as well as she remembers/tells it.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
It amazes me that he's not done the voice stealing thing before. That's some considerable restraint given he's been traveling with Sette.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

reignonyourparade posted:

Well I imagine one part of it is alderode is the only place his religion isn't illegal. That would probably cloud one's judgement.

Yes, that would certainly explain it before his death. But Duane now has a huge internal conflict with his religion, which makes it interesting he still holds onto it. I guess it's what he knows.

The Crecian religion (Gefendur), also involves canabalism as a ritual process, so that's another negative.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 25, 2013

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I guess people have mentioned it in the comments on the site. But does anyone else notice that Rahm's legs appear to be invisible? It's obviously intentional, because it was the same way last comic too.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ghosts can't have kids (but I agree, by the way). Did I mention I think Rahm just might be a ghost?

He's a lot more solid than the other ghosts though. Then again he is a spellcaster, which might change the dynamic up a bit as well.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

Basically, Rahm was badass enough to survive massively loving up a spell and attempted khert dissolution.

Ahh okay, so he royally screwed up a spell, survived the khert backlash, but not before the khert had dissolved the fundamental visibility/feeling qualities of the lower half of his body.

Neat, though another reminder that magic in this setting is freaking dangerous.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 13, 2013

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
And here's Jivi to summarize an aspect of Crescian governance. Also, nice propaganda poster.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Roland Jones posted:

From a disagreement over who handles this to attempting literal backstabbing, well then. Turns out the racists are not good people. Who knew.

I suppose it makes sense. I'm guessing the sort of corruption these guards are guilty of is a death sentence in Cresce.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Gabriel Pope posted:

Good lord, that speech gave me goosebumps (mostly because I just got out of the shower and was still drying off, but still.) Also it says a lot about Sette: we know that her larger-than-life swagger is built on a foundation of repression and willful denial of how awful her life is. No wonder she's the best at lying :smith:

Yep, Great page all around. Says both a lot about Sette and a lot about Duane as well.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
And that's the chapter. See you all in a month.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

It kinda startles me how different he looks with eyes.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Skippy McPants posted:

She thought about it, but some things are just more important.

Her next thoughts better be about that balcony then. Because I'm pretty sure that big guy and the caster lady are still in the room.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

tentacles posted:

Someone remind me what that red doohickey Sette's playing with is and why it's getting an "Oh Crap!" reaction from Starfish tia

I can't remember where we first saw them, but those things are pymaric explosives. And the clicking seems to be her arming it.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
That distorted page is pretty nifty. Like the warping on the back/index/forward buttons.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
So I have a question, given that we seem to be approaching the end of a story arc.

I'm trying to figure out if we had a stated reason for the silver going nuclear in this town. Delicieu tells Duane that the plan was to use the silver to kill the Queen of Cresce. Of course, he then later seems to just be interested in killing humans, and he also states that the silver/monster needs to make it to the coast.

So I'm trying to determine the overall original plan here. I guess since the First silver weapon gets stronger and more monstrous the more pain it absorbs, killing the poo poo out of this town, before shipping it to the capital would make it stronger. How Delicieu planned to turn it back into a shippable product and not an ooze monster is beyond me.

I hope this is expanded upon in the next story arc.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 14, 2015

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Oh, so this is basically, "here's a huge magic weapon, and here's the catalysis to start the reaction. Put them together when you want everything to die."
"Okay, so let's just throw em into the same closet while we get drunk."

Okay, got it, and it's completely believable. I'll assume Delicieu didn't care, because he's just happy when spiderpaws die.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 14, 2015

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Captain Bravo posted:

Naw, the silver is clearly starting to go off here, which is a few panels before Stockyard kills Toby.

Ha, I wonder if that guy who quit immediately upon seeing the silver going off made it out alive.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Gabriel Pope posted:

Oh god, Quigley doing the awkward "pretending not to see them" thing just fuckin slays me.

I know it's great. Completely pointless because Sette got the sent of him, but still amusing.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Time for the winter break. :(

On the plus side, she showed a body, and he looks really freaking dead to me.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Pistol_Pete posted:

Starfish is gonna come roaring back as a pedo zombie, like Hakan in Let The Right One In.

Thankfully, silver zombies don't seem to retain personality. Besides, it's time for a new story arc, our role of repulsive shitheel everyone hates will probably be taken over by Murkoph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

SlothfulCobra posted:

I don't understand why Sette would downgrade stabbin' a man in the dick to biting his ear off. That's a thing to be proud of!

I can see why she'd rather stray away from how and why she stabbed him in the dick. And the reason for said stabbing she'd probably like to forget.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 7, 2016