Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.
Maybe this is weird to ask - I was going to get a starter pen, but then I saw this and sort of instantly fell in love with the look of it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G5Z68Y/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=A1NLAL3X6WRYZY&th=1 sailor pro gear for $155

I went to shop around for price, and see what I think is the same pen for twice as much here.
https://www.gouletpens.com/collections/all-sailor-products/products/sailor-pro-gear-fountain-pen-black-silver sailor pro gear for $312

Am I missing something? even with adding in a converter, its still way cheaper on amazon. Is 155 a good price for that pen? Are there any other comparable pens for cheaper? Id even take suggestion for one with steel nib, I don't feel that I actually need gold I just think the actual overall pen is gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

Thanks for confirming that it was a decent price. Just made a financially dubious order! I have horrible handwriting, and want to practice - so I'm thinking a treat might inspire, if not, I'm guessing these have okay resale value. Here's hoping I win the quality control lottery :D I guess technically this also isn't my first fountain pen. My dad bought me some sort of very cheap cartridge based fountain pen when I was in elementary school that I probably lost or broke with my dumb kid brain, but vaguely remember enjoying.

Prince Reggie K fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 2, 2024

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

My Sailor pro gear came, and its now on a %20sale on amazon bringing it down to 125.41 So I'm kinda pissed that its already cheaper, but I can report that the pen arrived just fine in a sailor box with 2 ink cartridges and everything. the only thing it did not include was a converter which I purchased separately. If anyone wants this pen, seems like a steal. It was smaller than expected, I thought since my hands were so small it would be bigger, but I had to double check that I didn't get a slim!

Prince Reggie K fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 5, 2024

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

That is a sexy pen. Mine has a medium nib on it - it writes really well for me. Japanese M is really F and all that. If I could do it all over, and I had a little more disposable income I'd probably get the KOP or one of the larger Pilots knowing what I now know. But This is my first pen, so ill just make it my EDC for a while and see how my opinion develops over time.