Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"

AnimalChin posted:

Holy crap.

Are those flex nibs? The pens in the beginning?

They are flex nibs, with eyedropper filling methods. Illustrators like them because you can just screw a handle into them so you can keep a dozen of them charged with different inks easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

Beautiful thanks. I've tried various fountain pens before in the past but never a glass one. I've heard they write the smoothest, better even than the best ball points.

I have one. They're not as smooth as some fountain pens, and some people say they need to be sanded down when you get them. I find that the process of dipping and getting rid of the excess ink takes just long enough to interrupt my train of thought, but maybe I just need a thicker ink. But they look really pretty, and dipping is lots of fun. Why should you settle for 19th century technology when you can get 18th?

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

Okay, just spent too much money on a bottle of Iroshizuku. Thanks, fountain pen thread.

Oh, and to the person who needs a nice purple ink, the Yamabudo is a nice deep magenta.

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

vigorous sodomy posted:

I tried journaling for a while, and while it was cathartic at first, it soon became a chore. I also have a very boring/lovely life and it is sometimes depressing to write about how positively droll my life is, and like I said my penmanship sucks nards. My journals read like most facebook walls :(

Why not keep a dream diary? It's never boring when the your dead grandfather's ghost is killing the members of your family in the form of a 10-year old homeless kid because you won't help him continue his insider trading plan from beyond the grave. Or something.