Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
My Pilot Metros came in this weekend, and gave one to my brother. First off, it is a lot heavier than I expected, heavier feeling then both my Noodler's Konrad and my Lamy Al-Star. It is a very smooth metal finish that feels pretty good in my hand.

It writes like buttah.:allears: The M Pilot nib writes a lot finer than the Lamy M nib I'm noticing, and it seems to be a fantastic no-fuss pen. Writes right away, and I barely feel any friction on the paper at all. While it isn't a screw cap, in my opinion it stays attached pretty well. Like, I don't think my Al-Star's cap takes any more force to remove.

I can't understand why this pen is only fifteen bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

:negative:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Goulet Pens has this awesome interactive thingy, the Nib Nook! http://www.gouletpens.com/Nib_Nook_s/1114.htm

You can see all the pen lines side by side! Also, the Pilot Metro only comes in the Pilot M size, but, I think it is a very fine line. Like, looking at the nib nook, the Pilot M looks almost the same (to my untrained eyes) as the Lamy EF, so, there's that. Pilot seems to be a lot finer overall.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

One of my patients today had to sign a bunch of pre-surgery forms, and I had my Pilot Metro on me.

He said "Ooooh." as he signed. :kimchi:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Clairfontaine is indeed great paper but, in my experience, it does have a very slow dry time. Using Noodlers black.

I have found the Rhodia paper to be the best of all the worlds. Resilient paper with a great drying time without any bleed or feathering.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

They do, but, someone mentioned earlier that they are slightly different than the pads marked Clairfontaine on the cover. I have both, and both are high quality "shiny" paper, but the Clairfontaine pad seems to take a lot longer to dry.

:shrug:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

My buddy had a birthday last weekend, and I got him a Pilot Metro with a couple bottles of ink. He says he loves them, but I can't shake the feeling that it was the nerdiest gift. :downs:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

GrAviTy84 posted:

oooooo samples :getin:

This is hilarious every time this happens in the thread. :getin: Hope you love the pen, I sure love mine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Red ink reminds me of school. :rimshot: