Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya

Landsknecht posted:

Yeah I ordered a sapporo (F nib). I could have probably gotten enough bics to have had a new pen every day for a full year for the same price, but fuckit.

Great choice! I have a Sapporo mini in EF as my carry-around pen and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya
I was just looking at that on fb earlier today :) Also they are making the mini in white + rose gold! WANT (nevermind that I already have 2 minis)

milpreve, the best answer is probably on FPN's ink forum, they have a lot of great swatches and recommendations there. Alternatively, pick a good color and rub the address with a bit of wax to make it waterproof.

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya
Minis are designed to be posted and posts by screwing on the cap (like the Sailor Sapporo mini). It's possible to jot down a quick note without posting but this may be a consideration depending on how you'd like to use your pen.

but look, it's so beautiful :swoon:

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya
Massdrop today is Rhodia notebooks
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/rhodia-notebooks

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya
Got for 2015 Hobonichi too. They have a lot more accessories this year! I bought the "moveable page film" and the rest of the stencils :)

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya

iostream.h posted:

My credit card decided to trigger fraud protection on the Hobonichi store.
If anyone can snag the newly-restocked Onett 2 cover + pencil board bundle I'd be more than happy to slide a few extra bucks your way via PayPal (or whatever) to cover your trouble, postage and time.
They're supposed to ship mid-December, but I'd of course slide you the funds immediately.

Sent you a PM if you are still having trouble.

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya
Rotring 800 mechanical pencil is on Massdrop today
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/rotring-800-mechanical-pencil

COOL CORN posted:

For flex-nibbed pens, are the Noodler Ahab and Namiki Falcon my only real options? Are there any go-to vintage pens that use flex nibs?

Also, after a few months of use, this TWSBI is easily my favorite pen. Also Terre de Feu is an amazing brown ink, my second favorite under Noodler's Antietam (which is my most-used ink these days).

That's beautiful (both the writing and the pen)! How did you get flex into it?? Did you swap out the nib for something else?

...I should really be unlazy and put my leaky Geha nib into one of my spare TWSBIs.

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya
Omg I just bought washi tape for the first time and it is amazing

I have a M205 with Richard Binder 0.4 stub and 0.6 cursive italic, and the writing is really nice. However, the threads on the body is super deep and precisely at the part where it rests on my middle finger, so if I write for long periods of time my finger hurts :( I love love the stub nib though. If you will get a M205 I'd definitely recommend getting a custom ground nib.

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya

angerbot posted:

From Reddit: dang that's a nice ink, J Herbin's Stormy Grey

Wow I never thought of using the comic drawing nib as a fountain pen nib replacement! I think I have my Nikko G somewhere...

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya
Yayyy finally, thank you!

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya
I have my Decimo for 4-5 years and use it daily at work, it still looks great and works well.

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya
J Herbin wax seal on Massdrop today. Tempted...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya
You can but it's a bit thinner than typical dip pen inks so you'll have to re-dip more often.