Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

i've been falling down this rabbit hole for a few months now. i started with a pilot metropolitan and now i have two of them. and a TWSBI eco. and a TWSBI 580. And I just got a pilot 74 to try a gold nib but I am determined to stop now.

I've been really impressed with the quality of the TWSBI pens in particular. They're not as expensive as most of the really fancy pens I've seen, but they definitely feel like a step up from the metros. I've also not really had a problem with left handed writing, surprisingly (using robert oster inks on rhodia pads, which i already had a ton of).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Can you all think of a reason why, with the same ink and pen, a notebook would have terrible bleed-through on page 1 and apparent rhodia-level resistance to the same issue about 15 pages later?

I guess there must just be a difference in quality among the pages used in this notebook, but frankly I find it a little bizarre that it could vary this much. At its worst it was making me not use the back of the pages and at its best it's the best paper i've tried (writepads notebook, by the way).