Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Quick story: I carry 2 pens at work, one for me (usually my TWSBI 540) and one for patients (whatever I find at the desk) to sign consents and such (I'm a nurse if it matters). Thursday I was hurrying to get a patient ready for a procedure and didn't grab a cheapo pen, so I let the patient sign with the TWSBI after telling them not to press down hard. She started to sign and commented, "This is a beautiful pen!" and started asking about where I got it, ink, etc. We were still chatting about the pen after a few minutes and the doc poked his head in to see how we were doing. The patient asked if he'd seen the pen (he hadn't), so he came over to look at it. Cue further discussion about pens, how much they cost, where to get them, the doc doing a bit of sample writing on a blank consent.

Pretty sure I just sold 2 540's and sent a couple of people to Goulet or isellpens.

Anyway, fun pen story at work, and now I'm the guy with the fancy pen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Oh wow, it’s like $25 to get all four sizes: http://amzn.to/2FXn2ly

Can I use converters on those so I can use my own ink? I think you guys had recommended my last set of calligraphy practice pens that have since gotten lost during the hurricanes/flooding last year and I miss them. Calligraphy was my zen-thing and I am a sad monkey without them :(

And after reading Prof. Shark's epic quest, I remembered I had a TWSBI question - I had a similar one to the Lava, but I think one of the ring gaskets failed on it. I picked it up to take to work one day and the cap was full of ink. Didn't get to investigate much as that pen is also MIA due to the floods. Have you guys ever had a pen just dump out the ink like that?

a mysterious cloak fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 9, 2018

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Guys have any blank journal notebooks to recommend? I've been browsing Amazon, Goulet, etc. and am kinda lost. Lined would probably be better for my horrific handwriting, one of the leather-bound ones would be cool. But I'm open to suggestions.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Heath posted:

What's your budget?

Ahh poo poo, didn't think about it. I'm not paying $100 for one, that's about it. It'll be for journalling and maybe one for creative writing if I ever have another decent idea.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll look them over.

a mysterious cloak fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 23, 2020

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Heath posted:

Sure would be cool to have a reusable Musubi cover. I agree.

Oh didn't see you there Kessel I was just thinking out loud

Hmmm... that would be pretty nice...

Unfortunately Musubi stuff is out of my price range. Gorgeous stuff, though.