Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
You could try the ol' hairpsray trick. I think Aquanet is the classic for charcoal and graphite drawings, though I don't know if it'd be too wet for ink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I was disappointed at the end that your ink didn't really match your nailpolish.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
There's a spreadsheet a page or two back listing all the noodler inks and their various anti-water anti-illuminati qualities, I'm sure more than the black and blue-black are waterproof.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I very likely have the same Cross pen because Staples really only sells the one, and I am not fond of it. It feels wrong in my hand, doesn't post well, and I found the nib movement to be a bit slippery.

Different strokes, though.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Don't share syringes between ink bottles.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
How could you get that, but not the 3 in 1 FP/Butane Lighter/Flashlight? Don't you know a deal when you see it!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Brightman posted:

I feel like that pen would be right up the Noodler guy's alley. You can use it in the dark thanks to the flashlight, and if you need to, you can burn the documents so no one can read your :tinfoil: secrets.

Careful now, or he'll come up with fire-proof ink.

cobalt impurity posted:

:psyduck:

How do you even get ink in that thing? I might be tempted to get one just for the novelty of it.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't actually work.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

cobalt impurity posted:

How am I supposed to spend my hard-earned American Dollars on some cheap piece of crap that doesn't even work? If I'm paying less than $5 for a 3-in-1, it drat well better be a 3-in-1, and be the scratchiest, paper shreddingest thing on the planet. :colbert:

Just look at this fine nib quality!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Site policy is all sales should be done in SA-Mart, but you can certainly link the thread in here.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Vitamins posted:

Noodlers eternal inks bind with cellulose, which makes them permanent on paper. It also makes them permanent on natural fibres like cotton, so you're screwed if you spill it on some clothes. Synthetics will survive though!

Or, just stain the rest of the shirt and you've got a sweet new black top.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Ask yourself if the people who own expensive cars are always great drivers.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That's a nice pen but I'm not at all sure about the tucking great price and Ahab titted with that nib.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Obligatory Toast posted:

VVV

I've been writing my f's stylistically, and honestly? They work better if I actually attempt to be consistent.

It's better than my handwriting :v:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Oh Obligatory Toast, nothing is ever alright.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Instead of img tags, use timg tags.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Demon_Corsair posted:

Right now I'm just using one of the lovely disposable Pilot V-pens, but I have never had an issue with them until I switched to better paper.

I used to use those in school, they often just kind of... stop working. Plenty of ink left, but nothing doing. You can't take them apart, so it's really just an issue of being a cheap disposable.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Do be sure to report back, I really like the look of that one, though I guess Heroes can be hit or miss.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Or just syringe fill, it's easy.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

duckfarts posted:

Anybody know of any budget dip pens, preferably for calligraphy? I found a sweet pen shop that sells some :siren:gold:siren: ink, but I'm told you can't load it into a standard pen(which makes sense).

If you have a good artist's supply store near to you, most of them will sell an assortment of nibs for whatever purpose for cheap, along with a device to hold them.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Hi emster, you have had some difficulties in your initial posting, I've cleared them up. Please don't sign your posts.

That said, there are some very nice Parkers in your photostream, and in the unrelated pictures you have a very good eye for photo composition. Please post more of your collection!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Buy them both. Buy them all.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Depending on the pen you're looking to buy, you might get a converter (so they can use ink from a bottle instead of cartridges - some pens are built to do this already) and some ink, maybe some nice paper to write on.

Is it a person who uses fountain pens already?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
You might as well get some blunt tip syringes, they're cheap and you slightly reduce ruining your shirt.

http://www.amazon.com/Syringes-Blunt-Fill-Needles-pack/dp/B003EE3A9W

Just listen to these glowing reviews!

Heather posted:

I got these for my husband who insisted on buying gummy bears regular and huge size to try filling with vodka and he has yet to do it. but the needles are what we were looking for and are great for our stupid need....

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
A victory containing rose "gold" and something that can only be euphemistically termed an amethyst.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The thing about Rome Burning is I want the gorgeous purple it turns after being CrimeHacked or whatever, without the crimehack.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Essentially.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KcW1IlaxFs

I don't want to go around dipping all my papers etc. in bleach.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

RustedChrome posted:

Just mix bleach in with the ink before loading your pen.

*not really

:argh: CrimeHacks

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

milpreve posted:

Edit: I just watched that ink video, wow the music and holy Hera, why is he writing with a knife?

Because Caesar and Senate Betrayal.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
We'll all be writing with cheap knives in the future iterations of this thread.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
No I hate the clips on Lamy pens too, which is a shame as they're nice pens. Probably someone has solved this problem.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

rio posted:

The second I have no idea, so here are a couple pictures to see if anyone has any ideas. I don't know what to order to get it running in terms of cartridges or a converter because I have no idea what kind of pen it is and the one that is in there (see photo) looks like it doesn't belong.. Sorry the photos are poo poo, it is late and I am lazy.

That looks like a custom/handmade pen with a Cross cartridge jammed into it. It'd probably take a standard converter - http://www.gouletpens.com/Standard_International_Cartridge_Converter_p/ed-converter.htm - but the length is hard to tell.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

PRADA SLUT posted:

Who makes decent pencils?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackwing_602

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

milpreve posted:

I know, but it's still kinda crazy to actually write words that way.

Caesar. No it's not really related but there you go.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Is everything in Japan also a cafe?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It says the stylus is removable (well replaceable,) you could probably find something to replace it with. Or just cut it off? It's a nice looking pen, for that style.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
From Reddit: dang that's a nice ink, J Herbin's Stormy Grey

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
To be fair it seems he's really overworked the pen specifically for the gilded effect, also it's 2014 and you're using a fountain pen so it's a little late to worry about airs

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Went out Christmas shopping and picked up a Hero 9201 for myself, because I am bad at Christmas shopping.

Nice little pen, I got some J. Herbin Gris Nuage to go with it, impressed for the price. Nice line, smooth nib, really can't complain.

Love the ink colour too, it's different enough without being too flashy.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I've been using washi tape to seal the envelopes I put my rent cheque in as licking the envelope seems.... bad in light of our current situation. They don't go through the mail, I drop them off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Got a TWSBI eco as a "thanksgiving present" (??) and I'm enjoying it, it seems like a very wet pen to write with but that may be the ink (Wonderpens Ebony Purple)

Mostly I'm at a loss as to what I'm meant to do with the pen wrench and silicone grease that came with it. The instructions could be clearer. Just.... open 'er up and lube the piston now and then?