Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

(Chuckles) I’m in danger.

Definitely didn’t already get an ECO and a handful of Diamine inks to play with for a little project I’m working on, too. That would be ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

It was also new pen day for me. My humble little collection has grown at a concerning rate in the last 3 weeks.

I really love the TWSBIs as it turns out. The Prussian blue was the new arrival - I wanted to try out a 1.1mm stub and it’s taking a little getting used to, but I love it. This is how I’ve got em all inked at the moment:

I think the Wayfarer is my favorite ink so far, though my initial impression of the Bow Shock was kinda meh I looked at my test page again this morning and the red shimmer really started to pop after it dried for a while and it looks really cool, so I’ll have to revisit that one.

Finally, just for funsies, this is the project I’ve been loving around with. If you’ve never played or heard of La Mulana, it’s basically an insanely cryptic metroidvania puzzle game that absolutely requires detailed notes about 80% of the world to ever solve it. It’s one of my favorite games ever, and my memory is just dogshit enough that I can play through it again every couple years having forgotten a lot of the puzzles, but each time through I was retaining more and more.

I knew this year was probably the last one I’d really find it satisfying, so I went whole hog and hand wrote notes for every single relevant clue, drew maps of every area, noted all the interesting locations, etc and tried to make it something that really captured the whole journey for me.

The below might be mild spoilers if you’ve never played it, but out of context it likely doesn’t mean a whole lot anyway.

I’ve also been writing my partner silly letters and sending her dumb photos of the cat and various places I end up wandering around while she’s been back home helping to take care of her grandfather. It’s been a really fun and satisfying hobby to pick up, so I’m super glad I stumbled on to this thread and would like to thank you all for posting so many cool resources and poo poo.