Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Just randomly strolled in here and was like hey - I need a birthday present for myself. Just ordered a Metropolitan since I haven't used a fountain pen since 2nd grade (it was mandatory). I hate you goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Ringo Star Get posted:

Just ordered a Pilot Metro based on the incredible responses in this thread and how elegant it looks for a great price. I want to see how much into it I'll get, as I hate how bad my handwriting looks with just regular ballpoint.

Unfortunately it won't be here until March 5 :(

I ordered mine from Amazon on the 4th as well. Estimated delivery was Feb 27th. I just got an e-mail it got pushed up to this Friday. So have hope!

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Anyone use the Nemosine Singularity? A friend of mine got one and I was looking for another cheap pen, so I figured why not? $15 on amazon.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
So my Singularity came in with some more ink. So I have a blue pen and a black pen... I think it's only logical to go red pen with red ink next. I've found myself just writing a lot for the sake of how nice it feels. I like the fine nib a lot so far, and I was curious is it easy to replace the Metropolitan nib from medium to fine as well?

Is it just as simple as swapping it out - or are there "incompatible" nibs out there?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
You guys see this pen full o' swagger NDT was showing off?
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-march-6-2013/exclusive---neil-degrasse-tyson-extended-interview-pt--2

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
My metropolitan's body pulls off when I try and take the cap off. The glue holding the body isn't as strong as it should be. Anyone have a suggestion as to what glue I should stick on there to make sure it stays on?

Will regular old crazy glue work?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I don't have a TWSBI, but I use Quink as my regular go-to ink in my Metropolitan and Safari every day. The Safari is actually refilled daily because I write so much with it.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
So I just passed my professional license exams and want to treat myself to a nice gold nib and pen. So far my favorites have been my F singularity and F safari; do you guys have any suggestions as to what pens I should start looking into? And what price ranges will I start out at?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
The pen that comes with noodles heart Of darkness with the ball point tip and the nib. Can I buy it elsewhere and if so where?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I may have accidentally splashed some diamine oxblood red and/or waterman blue-black on my bathroom walls while converting the preppies I ordered.

Water and/or mr clean magic Market should get it out right?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
My safaris just cannot handle being tossed around a bunch. I keep them in a pad folio. I've been keeping a separate set of work pens since theyve been leaking significantly.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Im skipping back on the discussion but if you're worried about preppies cracking the simplest thing is not to carry one around.

They're cheap enough that you can get a few and keep them in whatever location you write. I have 3 different ones at work and a couple at my home desk. Converted they don't run out of ink for a long while.

Keep the entry level ($15+) ones around when you travel and save the super nice ones for well, nice occasions.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I use syringes and still get dirty. I'm thinking of just getting some disposable gloves. That seems like a simple solution thats relatively cheap.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Any pen shops in Chicago I need to visit while here on business?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Anywhere I can get the purple Leopard Metropolitan for my girlfriend other than GouletPens?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I keep a Metropolitan around for work purposes, and HoD is absolutely leaky as all hell on it. It's to the point where I've swapped back to Quink because I'm tired of getting permablack everything. Have people found this to be the case with HoD? I think I'm just going to keep my Safari inked with HoD because it doesn't leak any.

Also I got my girlfriend the purple Metro with some Diamine Majestic Purple (and a journal) for Christmas, and she's absolutely loving it. :a2m:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I highly suggest getting some needles and using those, especially if you can see how much you need to fill in.

So quick, so much cleaner. You can also wear disposable gloves. Say goodbye to dirty hands.