Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Dog
Jul 25, 2007
It can be pretty hard living with your folks after finishing university. When I was back at home after working overseas for a while, I would occasionally slip back into my adolescent self. I think the important thing is just to keep in mind two things: 1) It's temporary, and you will move out when your internship finishes, so no need to escalate things too far. 2) You're living under their roof and eating their food. So you really should respect their rules. You say you buy comics -- where do you get that money from? Do you contribute anything to rent, groceries, etc? I love comics myself, but when I was with my parents I still put paying board/doing chores above buying the latest Spidey. It was a good motivator to move out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Dog
Jul 25, 2007
You mention the police/pressing charges a couple of times in your post. Have you ever felt the need to do so?

Also, have you and your family sat down and talked about your living arrangements or is it just informal (except for the whole no lesbos thing). By sat down and talked, I mean worked out what their expectations are, your expectations are, and so on.

• Locked thread