Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

So the OP is trying to find work, working an internship, contributing to cable/cell/groceries and whatever, but because the dude spends like $15 a month on comics hes obviously a lazy manchild who should bootstraps up?

Unless the OP cleverly picked one of maybe like 8 career paths in the world that is still easy to get into, it sounds like he's doing just about whatever he can to get the better of his position. 'Just get a job somewhere' isn't really viable advice like 9/10.

Letting someone stay at your house is a totally huge pain in the rear end and them being your kids doesn't really mitigate that, however, when you accept that someone can stay in your house, that doesn't suddenly make you the grand poobah of their lives, you don't get to decide their own moral outlook and attempting to filter and gently caress with what they do in the space you have agreed to provide them with is only going to invite problems. If the situation was reversed and the OP was an atheist nutbag and was rambling on about how he saw his son watching some pastor talking on TV so now he's thinking about throwing out the kids Jesus Comics or whatever, I doubt the parent would be getting as much sympathy.

Danny is a bit dumb though and maybe should have taken the smarter path with the whole TV blow up thing. I still think that the OP should be allowed to watch and do whatever he wants behind closed doors so long as he's not upsetting his crazyass nutbag parents. You guys need to work out a better compromise or work harder on hiding the things that will piss off your crazy abusive parents, basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

areyoucontagious posted:

Sorry dude, but living at your parent's house while "writing a blog" and not contributing rent or working around the house makes you a child. There's 100% no reason he should be using his savings for anything besides A) paying rent or B) getting the gently caress out. Also, OP, a car might not be a bad plan, as you will have a little more flexibility job-wise.

That's not what he's doing though really at all.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I do think it's worth saying that comic books are really really loving cheap as far as hobby stuff goes. Even if he is buying a whole bunch a month, its unlikely he's spending more than $20 on his funnybooks a month. That's assuming he's buying a lot of them too. They're like $4ish each.

e;

Morby posted:

People are hounding him about it because any money that he has should be either saved to move out or spent for his part of the family bills. I agree that it's good that he has this unpaid internship and I certainly hope that it works out for , but his folks are doing him a HUGE favor here.

He is doing this though. He said he's helping buy groceries and pay some of the bills and has an agreement to help with the rent when he has an income.

• Locked thread