Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Kasan posted:

I'm seeing a pattern here. Usually people with liberal art degrees who want to work, go back and teach it. The few people I know with LA degrees are all working as cashiers and waiters.

Of all the possible places to rehash this "debate", this is clearly the most fitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Christ people, Benny's done plenty of dumb things but thinking about reading a book is not one of them. No need to rag on the guy for writing the words "John Steinbeck".

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Did Two Worlds have a e/n thread? I remember he asked goons for life help, and his nutrition plan was buying a bag of apples.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Every time I read this thread I sigh and say "Bennnnny" like a disappointed mother.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Benny, it would be fair to say that the advice you have gotten from this thread has had a net positive effect on your life. Please take more of it. Please engage with the people asking questions.

If you can't defend your grad school aspirations to a bunch of internet dorks, how do you expect to convince anyone who can actually make that happen?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

:golfclap:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I'm happy to see you actually having written something Benny. It is truthfully a trainwreck, but sure as hell your next one will be better.

Provided there is a next one. Keep up with it man. You gotta.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Is anyone reading anyone else's lists

I'm not

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

yeah, it took me literally two seconds. take it out dude.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I came to terms with my last breakup every day for three months while crying in the shower

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Benny I'm going to hold my breath until you tell us about your healthcare

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Let's all just post the same question over and over until he answers it. I'll start a poll so we can organize our forum flash mob

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Like all ED articles, it starts with a healthy dose of racism.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

It was not.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Benny what are you reading now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Do not goldmine this thread. It is more thematically appropriate to let it languish forever, filling with more anger and excuses

• Locked thread