Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

You and Danny need to have a nice long chat about your responsibilities to the family. Right now you both look pretty bad. You to a lesser extent..but still..comics? Really? When you contribute nothing at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Moridin920 posted:

Again, he isn't saying he's spending all his money on comics. He isn't even saying he's spending ANY money on comics. All he said is he has a collection that has monetary value and that his parents will want to throw away. In fact, he hasn't really said anything at all about the chores he does, if he is searching for a job but unable to find one, etc.

It really isn't that weird to see a college grad with no immediate job prospects living with his parents again for a while. Yeah, his brother owes his parents money but that doesn't mean poo poo in regards to the OP's responsibilities.

He has the right to not have his property smashed and thrown away, and to not be screamed at regardless of what you may think about "haha lazy goon," or "lol YOUR rights :rolleyes:"

\/\/\/ Yeah let's be respectful about beliefs involving screaming and violence towards your children because the naughty women kissed on TV. Let's also make unfounded assumptions and collectively jerk off over the goon stereotype you've apparently all jumped to because he owns comic books.

Ok lets set the comics aside. But reading between the lines, it was Danny who started this whole thing by "breaking the truce." You have to admit that was a dumb loving thing to do right? No wonder mom flipped her wig. Her son disrespected her wishes and probably not for the first time..she just lost it that time. Even the OP says both boys then went on to inflame the situation.

Oh I'm sure he'll come in here and try to explain all the great stuff he and his brother do to help out around the house, but it really sounds like the problem here is Danny. Not the parents.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Moridin920 posted:

My issue is that there's total lack of communication and respect.

You have to give it to get it. The "mature and respectful" thing would have been for Danny to say "oops, your right mom!" turn it off, then watch it later. They know "the rules", complaining about the rules after the fact and being little bitches about it doesn't make them look good.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah but by the same token, Danny's not going to want to turn it off politely if he hears "What was that? WAS THAT TWO WOMEN...... KISSING EACH OTHER?! Danny. Don't you KNOW homosexuality is a SIN? What is wrong with you? Why do you have to watch such filth in our home? Turn it off, RIGHT NOW!!! Jesus SAVE this child!"

I don't get the feeling the exchange started with "Oops! Danny, you know the rules, I saw that scene and I'd like it if you turned that show off, now, please."

Plus you're conflating Danny's actions with the OP's, which isn't fair. All OP was doing was blogging on his computer in his room.

So they get to match grouch for grouch? They get to escalate things because mom yelled? They are living there by the good graces of the parents. The parents don't *have* to let them stay there. And no I'm conflating the brother with the OP. I've already stated that Danny boy is the problem and the OP needs to have a little chat with him because he's getting caught in the fallout.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Moridin920 posted:

So, the escalation was Danny refusing to turn the TV off?

The escalation was:

Benny the Snake posted:

she demanded my brother to turn it off. Danny refused and things escalated. He insults her, she gets belligerent, and then she rushes after him to take away his cellphone.

The OP can clarify what "gets violent" actually means, but in the next sentence he says "then she rushes after him to take away his cellphone. The two of them rush into my room where I'm typing away something for my blog and she starts getting violent." I was assuming that was her continuing to try and grab his cell phone.

And we both agree, the parent's shouldn't have kicked them out as soon as they turned 18 to fend for themselves, and they didn't. In spite of them having some anger issues and lifestyle choices the OP finds offensive they have bucked up and supported these two kids even though they are going through a very tough time.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Moridin920 posted:

Of course complaining about it has zero chance of improving anything. He was also asking for options though. Plus people were pretty much going "Aw, those poor parents! Look at what those loving cheeto encrusted goons have done to them to make them act like this! You lazy gently caress, get off your rear end and contribute because school and internships pale beside your comic book collection!"

Yeah, honestly, I learned to hide my weed around my parents and never got caught. If I can do it with a smelly herb you can do it with a movie. Your brother should learn to avoid the situation by not consuming ANY media around them, that way if two girls touch on the TV and you weren't expecting it, mom won't have anything to say because she won't be around.

Your second point is all the other goons were trying to say. The "poor parents" posts are mostly to shock the OP into looking at the argument from their perspective. Yes, he may have left some things out of the OP which could clarify his reaction, but with the information given he seems to have a rather immature perspective on the situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

You know, I was feeling bad about peacefully resolving the argument with mutual understanding from the first few pages. I had thought I ought to call mordingwhatever a pig fucker just to keep things interesting.

But thank you E/N for rectifying my mistake.

• Locked thread