Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Your entire family are broken terrible people, including you, but you're just a product of your environment and it's not too late. Try to be respectful of your violent hateful ignorant mom's insane rules and I guess just keep doing your best to get a job. I've never gotten a job from applying, they all come from knowing people. Do you have people you can network with? Even a friend who works a lovely job that could recommend you to their lovely manager? A relative in another town that could get you a lovely job and let you crash there for the first few weeks till you find your own lovely place? An ex teacher? A guy you sort of know on the internet in another state who could hook you up? Call everyone you know, everyone who could possibly hook you up or point you in a good direction. You need to get the gently caress away from your parents, it's a cliche but it's a real "toxic environment".

And you can still make time for you self. Unemployed people can still have hobbies and have fun, getting a job isn't a video game where you just grind for X amount of time and a job appears. You can only do so much every day and you need joy in your life to make you not go insane. But at the same time, do what you can with your spare time to be productive. Do more chores around the house, do what you can to make the house run smoothly and take as much burden and stress off your parents as you can. It will help your work-ethic and it will make them a lot calmer, which will make your life better while you're there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Do you do the dishes? Vacuum and mop the floors? Dust? wash the windows? Clear the car? Mow the law and garden if applicable? Cook? Go grocery shopping? If no you should be doing all of the above quite regularly. In a household if you aren't working outside of the house you better drat well work inside of it.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

SA's become fairly anti-military lately. If you don't want to be called a murderer for hire you stay in the GiP ghetto.
I don't think I could with good conscious recommend the military to anyone. It's a loving awful institution where you can either get killed for no reason, or have to kill other people for no reason. Worse still, a lot of people coming out of the military end up brainwashed into thinking there actually were good reasons for their killing or hosed up with PTSD.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Don't you need a car and wings before you can get to therapy?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I remember this thread when it first started, it was pretty funny, now it's just really sad and frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I get finger-printed every time I go to the US and I've seen a shocking amount of corporate jobs demand finger prints and all sorts of insanely personal info. Hell we just visiting disney world and to get in you had to do a finger-print scan.

• Locked thread