Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Moridin920 posted:

You will not get hired for a minimum wage job to work only for a few hours a day as a college graduate and an intern. You might get lucky, but they literally have a stack of applications in the office from people that they can work to the bone and will be stuck there for a while.

Well, since I work in a grocery store, might I recommend applying to those? It's less lovely than fast food, there's a good chance of actually getting ~20 hours assuming you actually show up to work regularly, and I promise you they don't give a gently caress about people being overqualified. Sadly, we actually have a lot of people apply that manage to fail to qualify to work at a loving grocery store. Background checks failing are really common, but more often they fail those basic work ethics/personality test things that they give you. Yes, seriously. I would estimate (I don't do the actual hiring, but I tend to hear about them) that about 60% of the people that apply (to a minimum wage retail job) fail to meet it's really low standards. I've never seen anyone turned away for being overqualified at fast food either, but maybe that's the excuse they use now when people are obviously just worthless sacks of poo poo they don't want to hire?

Also, that stack of applications? Nobody loving looks at that poo poo. No one's digging through months of files to find ~the one true sales clerk~ or some poo poo. If you call and pass the basic online ethics poo poo, you'll come in and get hired unless you then fail the drug test or we don't need anyone. If we fire someone, the person who gets it is generally 1) someone who is suggested by another employee or, 2) the next person to call who meets the requirements, because, hey, at least then you're showing interest in the drat job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread