Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Are all of you guys missing the part where she "gets violent"? If there is physical abuse going on (along with the obviously emotionally unhealthy atmosphere), OP should really get his focus away from :qq: MY COMICS :qq: and into getting out.

OP, perhaps you could sell some of your comics to get a little money. Not all of them, but anyone with an extensive collection of anything has some items has some they can let go.

Also, I thought the show was going to be Hoarders and the mom was going to make them clean the house all hardcore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Sunshine89 posted:

Is there a Walmart or a supermarket near you? They hire all the time. It's coming up to garden centre season so they'll be hiring. Apply for seasonal and permanent, and if you can't get permanent, ask to learn cash or power equipment so you can step up when somebody quits.

It may not be glamourous, but it'll get you some money and fill 15-20 hours at least.

Any sort of hardware store with gardening stuff will also be swamped as spring starts, ESPECIALLY if they have any kind of spring promotional sales (2 for 1 hanging baskets, etc).

You might have to lift a lot of bags of mulch and stuff though, it might be kind of dirty and sweaty for your tastes.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Benny is this you?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Please read the entire archive of Ask A Manager , particularly such categories as interviewing, hiring, job search, resumes...

Also, how much "outfit" does a man need to interview at a legal place? Isn't it just a suit? It's not like you're entering a creative field (or Abercrombie & Fitch I guess). I mean drat, I have a nice pants/blazer combo ready to go, and I work in insurance billing where I sit in a back office and wear scrubs.

You know what, I'm going to bust out my very special E/N gif that I only post in the dumbest of threads. You've earned it, buddy.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Benny the Snake posted:

The anti-psychotic was $900 a bottle. I have no insurance right now and I'm paying out of pocket. Like drugs run about the same price. Is there any sort of co-operative I could join or something so I could get these drugs on the cheap?

Good lord, what medication is this? I thought the generic lamotrigine (Lamictal) at $129 per month was ridiculous. My insurance knocks it down to $12 monthly, though.

You should probably try to get some kind of prescription assistance, because I'm on three different anti-psychotic/mood stabilizers (Lamictal, Tegretol, and lithium, with a little Prozac on the side) and they seriously CHANGED MY LIFE for the better in tremendous ways.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

InEscape posted:

Fascinatingly, definitely yes they are but not really the SAME politics. I'm really reticent to tell you too much about Stranger in a Strange Land because I went into it blind and it was really fun that way but it has some extremely leftist politics. On the other end of the spectrum (sort of), The Moon is a Harsh Mistress is generally considered a libertarian novel. Heinlein's always really political but not always consistently.

My main issue with Heinlein is always the weird sex stuff.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I had horrible issues with tiredness on some meds when we were still trying to figure out the right combination. It's a real thing and it sucks and it's really hard to deal with because you still feel depressed but also additionally lazy as well.

On the other hand, it might be worthwhile to get a regular physical just to make sure there isn't something else going on, because there was a six month period when I was 17 where I slept all night, slept through at least two classes each day, and slept from about 3-6 in the evening as well. We all thought it was a side effect from a medication (I don't even know which, it was so long ago) but it turned out I had mono. I just never had the sore throat or swollen glands. Oops.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Fabulist posted:

I'm not encouraging him to give up, and I definitely don't mean 'stay on disability for the rest of your life, Benny.'

Isn't getting off disability almost as hard as getting on? Stigma, lack of job history, affordability/availability of insurance, no government programs that help people get back to work...apparently disability has turned into a sort of long term unemployment alternative because the economy is so depressed and the job market is so terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
No, dragonsven's thing was that he married a woman who almost never had sex with him (he kept a spreadsheet) so he drowned his sorrows in huge amounts of weed. He started a thread where he divorced his wife but ended up getting banned from E/N in the middle of it.

• Locked thread