Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

Gnack posted:

Kind of surprised that the goon hivemind has come down on the side of a couple of overly religious bigots.

If there's one thing goons hate more than religious bigots, it's their fellow goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
Seconding that it is not in ANY way acceptable for your parents to hit either you or your brother. It does not matter how much of a poo poo he was being, it's not okay that she hit him. Don't listen to this guy at all, he's literally justifying assault.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
I don't think he was saying that he was going to be a full time poet. If you suddenly feel inspired to write a poem go for it, it's better than reading comics or whatever and you have to take some amount of time to unwind anyway. Just don't forget that you have other things you have to get done as well.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:

SSH IT ZOMBIE posted:

No, not at all. People shouldn't rely on lovely jobs and handouts from their parents, but they shouldn't expect handouts from taxpayers either. Also, is there evidence that nonviolent protesting works, at all?

First and foremost American universities are capitalistic entities. In high school the product is marketed to you. If it fails for you, you are responsible.
Companies like Pearson push standardized testing to the system, further profiting from it. It's questionable weather standardized testing is even a good process, weather it's a good way to measure learning.

Education and social benefits come second, by far.

Knowing this - You hosed up if you went to school and it didn't work. You bought some sweet sales talk. You made a bad purchasing decision.

You can protest, and raise awareness on how bad this system for society, but first, you need to fix your own situation and not expect a handout for your own decisions.

There are options - blue collar work, entry level white collar work, or, start your own business with your own idea. Nothing is easy.

Wow how dare literal children believe what they were told their entire life about how important college is and then went there with the promise of making a living wage then ended up in debt. Ha ha, those idiots! Anyway clearly people's life situations are purely down to their own decision making skills and have nothing to do with the corrupt capitalist society they are raised to believe in and bbaaaaaaarffffffff

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
Right now almost no college degrees will land you well-paying jobs. Very few college graduates are laying well-paying jobs. A lot of college graduates aren't landing any jobs, especially not in their field. I graduated with a degree in CS not too long ago and I'm still waiting for the companies beating down my door offering me jobs that I was promised by literally every person who told me I picked the "right" major and that everyone who majored in English was stupid. I also have English-major and theatre-major friends that did get jobs in their field right out of college. It's almost like...picking a certain major doesn't determine your success!

• Locked thread