Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I have no idea what this sentence means.

"I called 20 companies on a list I made, and .25 of them had positions open"

I think? Why is it only a list of 20, I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
He lives in Chino and went to Cal Poly Pomona

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

kizudarake posted:

Hell, he could stand by the loving Home Depot, practice his Spanish and maybe get some day laborer work. His English might be awful, but he's obviously, based on just his writing and posting, ESL.

Of course, he'll have to make sure he doesn't hit the foreman's car with a wheelbarrow.

lol if you think Benny can handle any sort of physical labor.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Benny you were told very, very early in this process to have different resumes for different types of job applications. And since you can't land a loving job anywhere you should have been using the one without your "over qualifications" unless the job specifically relates to them. For 90% of the poo poo you're applying to (retail, fast food, vehicle damager) you should be using a plain jane I Will Work For Minimum Wage resume

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Benny didn't lose the Thunderdome. He wasn't even a dishonorable mention.

Please enter this week Benny!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Benny, what do you do all day?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Pfirti86 posted:

Wait, you had to go to the doctor to get a note anytime you called in sick? Like, what if you just had a nasty cold or something? You feel like poo poo and don't want to spread it to your coworkers, but you're hardly going to see a physician over something so easily resolved (and pointless to see a doctor for, considering that they can do gently caress all for colds besides tell you to drink water and munch on cough drops).

Benny, have you tried to use any of your family connections to find work lately?

He might have had a history of calling in a lot. Or it was a super paranoid and lovely employer.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Yeah they probably told him "Oh and also, it's polite to send a follow up after the interview thanking them for the opportunity" or something and dude interpreted that as literally a physical card immediately after it

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Jeffrey posted:

I have no idea what it'd take to catch up on the thread now, but it has been quite the ride. It's like a wild rollercoaster that hasn't even left the station.

About a month ago I read this thing from start to finish, it was enthralling I could not stop reading to see how Benny would gently caress up his next job. And lo and behold he managed to do it every single time. It was really great.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Count Chocula posted:

I skimmed this thread. Are people really yelling at the OP, who lives with a religious nut of a mother in a toxic environment, for not being able to get a job in this poo poo economy? Assholes. I grew up in a house like that, minus the religion. My parents freak out and yelled at us for no reason. You gotta get out of the house. Just getting out will do your mental health loads of good. Do you have friends you could stay with for a bit, just to get your head straight?

I love how easy it is to tell who actually has read the thread and who hasn't

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Good luck finding a job, again, Benny.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
lol he thinks Benny is working hard on anything

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

systran posted:

I dunno I was watching some movie on HBO once where there was a fat guy in boot camp who wasn't very good at anything, but he eventually became a good shot and starting making progress, I had to leave before the movie ended so I'm not sure what happened, but it seemed like it was showing that with proper training even fuckups can become successful professional killers

This is such a loving good post if it's doing what I think it's doing

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Benny on disability would be a travesty

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Benny the Snake posted:

Thankfully I still have my original, untouched resume.

phew

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Benny putting things on eBay is not sales experience, it is navigating a website. Go to a used car dealership, that is what people mean when they say the phrase sales experience.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

crabrock posted:

The problem with mindless and repetitive is they want people that can do that faster than a snail's pace. Benny has said he's fat and slow, and sits around yawning. He couldn't hack it more than a day at a warehouse stuffing things into boxes because he was so slow.

so he lacks the physical ability to be a highly-skilled worker, and the mental wherewithal to be a highly-educated worker. He doesn't follow directions (thinking he knows better), doesn't work well with others (tells them he'll cover their shift and then fucks them over), is not reliable (calls out sick/hungover/schedules dental appointments in the middle of his shifts), and loses his employers money.

So tell me, people who say he just needs to bootstrap, what jobs are there for somebody with no skills, doesn't need anything to be "done", where he can show up if he feels like it, be totally unsupervised, and money isn't an object?

It's really loving hard to draw the line between just a lazy piece of poo poo that refuses to take advice and learn and someone with legitimate mental illness preventing them from working when your only interaction with them is over a message board.

If Benny is the former he absolutely does not deserve disability.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

lexan posted:

Quite isn't edit.
Also, Benny, why not do the Americorps thing? What do you have to lose?

His copious amounts of free time. Benny does not actually want to work hard for anything. He's a lazy sack of poo poo that has been ruined by his family and is now so far down the hole that he's content with never being anything other than a stay at home unemployed loser.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Aqua Bear posted:

I'm surprised that it took this long for everyone to turn on Benny. There used to be at least a few people giving legitimate advice for him to ignore.

Close the thread, Benny. You don't even have to get off your rear end to do it.

Nah there are still people defending him, not nearly as many though.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I would buy tickets to watch Benny on an AmeriCorps jobsite to build a house or something.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Benny, doesn't it bother you that most people in this thread, myself included, think you are a lazy gently caress that has put no real effort into becoming a normal functioning adult?

That we think if you actually gave a poo poo, listened to advice and learned from your mistakes that you could probably have your own studio apartment by now?

Do you care about anything except your comics and the other media you consume?

Stop taking the easy way out all the loving time. Make a loving effort, leave your comfort zone and you'll surprise yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Benny the Snake posted:

How do they exploit the disabled? :confused:

lmao this is the post he replies to

christ's sake Benny

• Locked thread