Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Stop wasting time with all this bullshit and get a loving job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

He IS trying to get a job, has said he's tossing his resume far and wide anywhere he can think to, and is posting in BFC. Jobs don't exactly grow on trees in this economy you know.

There are plenty of jobs out there. If you actually try, you can find something. OP apparently let an interview slip by because he could not get a ride? There are plenty of taxi services in southern California.

If you wont get a car OP, learn the bus system.

Basically stop with the drama and actually spend 8-10 hours a day doing your job (looking for work).

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Do not stop applying even if you have interviews scheduled. I did 5-6 interviews before I actually got job offers in my field.

Also, I had 2 offers at once and I was able to pick the one I wanted more.

Never stop applying.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

All i hear is that you had 1 interview and then a ton of other meaningless crap that doesn't have to do with work.

Go get a job.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Benny the Snake posted:

I worked both the first and second shifts from 8 to 4.
This is what us working folks call one shift.

Benny the Snake posted:

I really don't want to go back to a fast-paced industry where I have to ask someone to translate for the supervisor.

You mean, you have to ask questions at your job?

and work quickly?

The horror.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

:psyduck:

How the hell does someone write (and source) the insane amount of papers required to have a degree in English and then not understand how to site a book title?

I might be a poo poo writer, but I have a degree in physics. I don't run around making algebra mistakes.

I'm not buying this "its only on the forums" crap. These mistakes should be painful to make for someone with an English degree.

I mean seriously you have a degree in "English Literature." Most of your college education was to study books. Then I would assume you wrote papers on said books.

Everyone one of your teachers probably gave a mini speech about not loving up your citations. Any website will tell you its italicized.

spunkshui fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 23, 2013

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Why not apply for a job you actually went to school to have qualifications for?

Get an internship at a newspaper and start writing poo poo for them.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

cname posted:

Wait, what? So most Cali state schools are snowflake factories?

Our "UC" schools are good, and there are like 15 of them. UCLA, UC San Diego, UC Irvine, UC Berkly ectect... all great schools.

Our "cal state" schools are basically 4 year junior colleges.

I snagged my teaching cred from a cal state because it was cheap. I rocked a 4.0 the whole time with zero effort. Keep in mind i was graded mostly on papers, and I write poo poo papers.

I graduated my UC with a 3.1

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

JakeP posted:

What he means is they would decrease the price of the item so that it shows up in searches as cheaper than the competition, and adjust the shipping cost up to account for the difference from lowering the price.

Like every Ebay company ever

I'm having a hard time figuring out why he has a moral objection to this.

On ebay it shows you right on the loving page how much the shipping is.

Its not like they were charging $900 for shipping or selling pieces of paper with pictures of XBOXs on them.

spunkshui fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 29, 2014

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

That drat Satyr posted:

The best part of the whole 'jack up the shipping' thing is that eBay charges their final value fee on shipping as well as the final price, so by raising that cost they're just giving eBay a bigger cut of their profit.

also you can sort "price + shipping"

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

TMMadman posted:

I am hesitant to step into this thread, but I'd just like to point out that yawning is not just a function of fatigue and it can often be traced back to boredom, hunger, anxiety, nervousness or other feeling. A yawn is the body's way of prompting action or transitioning from one physiological/behavioral state to another. It can also just be happen quite often if someone is a shallow breather. It is an unconscious action that can't really be controlled. Hell, just reading/writing or even simply thinking about yawning will often induce a yawn (I have yawned about a dozen time just writing this small post despite just coming back from a 40 minute bike ride).

I doubt caffeine would really do anything to stop or control Benny's yawning.

I was yawning like hell at work today when I was talking to someone, then I realized I never had my normal morning coffee.

Went away pretty fast with 2 cups.

Aqua Bear posted:

I think Benny should go on a 40 minute bike ride too.

Working out is awesome, Benny you should at least get in shape while you have free time.

Its hard when you have a life.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Arch Stanton posted:

Benny, post a scan of your diploma with your name blurred out.

Please do this, if you can do this you should gain support.

Snap a photo of it and ms paint out your name. Lets see this poo poo.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Benny the Snake posted:

I'm not posting my diploma.

Too lazy?

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Put out some applications for summer work last Wednesday, get a phone interview lined up for next week already.

I bet a have a job before these questions get answered from benny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Alkaiser posted:

My original $5 can be added to this pile.

Slap on 5$ more from me.

Easy comic book money Benny.

Post degree with your user name on it.

• Locked thread