Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poison Cake
Feb 15, 2012

Benny the Snake posted:

And that's pretty much our situation. I collect comics and a substantial number of them are mature-rated indie series stored away in boxes. I can see that over the horizon, my parents are going to go thru my collection and demand that I throw them out.

Do your parents just randomly go into your room and start going through your stuff? Put the boxes away (under the bed, in the closet, etc.) until things cool down. Ideally, move them to a friend's house.

Does this internship have a decent chance of resulting in paid employment? I think it's a little wacky that your first thought seems to be, "My comics!", it should be, "Counting the days until I can move out". Because I agree with what others have said, your parents are loopy, but the best way of dealing with this situation is to get out of there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread