Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
I was wondering why some 80+ posts popped up overnight. I was hoping for a Benny update about the latest Olive Garden interview... but then:

I know empty-quoting is frowned upon, but really, nothing can be said to do this justice. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
As a lawyer and an avid reader of this thread, please don't get a job doing legal administration at a law firm if you are having issues with being careless and/or lacking attention to detail.

It's one thing to cost a shifty ebay business a few bucks because you messed up transcribing the SKUs or didn't double-check stock, but inattention to detail when working with legal documents could not only cost the firm thousands in fees, lost billable hours, lost clients, etc., but it could lead to major legal consequences for the lawyers involved if you truly gently caress up in some monumental way, and consequences for the clients themselves if they end up losing their case, or having void documents, because you did something wrong.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Benny the Snake posted:

That's good advice. I'll keep "sales experience" on my resume and if asked, I'll answer that I've personally sold items on those sites. That way I can avoid talking about my previous job and still maintain that I have sales experience.

Interviewer: "What kind of things did you sell?"

What will you answer, Benny?

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Bardeh posted:

Exactly. When you tell people you have 'sales experience', and then tell them you once sold some video games on Ebay, they're going to laugh in your face.

That's what I was implying by my question.

When I was a kid I worked the furniture department at Staples. I had sales experience because I was a salesman. Putting stuff on ebay isn't sales experience, it's knowing how to use a computer.

If Benny is going to say he has sales experience, he better be ready to back that up with a credible answer to "what did you sell?" that isn't "my comic books over craigslist". People read sales experience and they think retail, door-to-door, or even call center work - all of which are more respectable than "I sold some games on ebay once".

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
Selling used books online is still not "sales experience", so don't put it on your resume thinking it is.

When recruiters/HR see "sales experience", they think of salespeople with skills such as charm, persuasion, knowledge about a product, quick-learner, trustworthiness, that sort of stuff. Selling stuff online is not in the same skill category as sales, it's knowing how to use a website interface and writing product descriptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
Library: "we can't sell these books, not even for 50c each. We'll have to sell them in themepacks for a buck each or something"

Benny: "this as an opportunity to buy-low sell-high and make a fortune!"

Benny needs to start investing in bitcoin.

• Locked thread