Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Would anyone mind critiquing my LinkedIn profile page? I always appreciate pointers/advice.

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/jordanroherty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

I would suggest uploading a photo of yourself where you don't look like you just saw your pet die

Haha, ok, fair enough. I seriously don't have any at the moment, but I'll get one.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Despite my love for it, audio was the worst thing to get a diploma in :negative:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

buglord posted:

I spent the past few months building up my LinkedIn profile and all the basic tutorial boxes are checked. 30+ connections, profile summary, skills listed, etc etc. Question is, how do I use it? I get the purpose behind it, but am I supposed to use it like a white collar facebook? Post links of cool things related to my field, mention a positive interaction with someone, maybe an article that resonated with me? Does appearing active and sociable on there win me points towards a potential employer? Right now this all feels like an act, and I'm not even sure if they would look at anything other than my profile page.

This is exactly how I feel. I'm looking to try and actually get into doing game audio/music as a consistent side job, maybe someday leading to full-time work again, but the more time goes on, the less likely I think my LI profile will have any part in that. Ah well, guess I really have to network more, which is funny, since I thought that was the whole purpose of LI.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Fhqwhgads posted:

Most recruiters I've worked with are pure garbage churn and burn types. But I had one recruiter who worked with me for a few years and got me good interviews. I actually felt bad when I found a job not through him.

This recruiter you're talking about sounds like a talent agency, but for, y'know... regular work.

I have yet to meet such a person, but I would absolutely love to.

• Locked thread