Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

evensevenone posted:

External recruiters who work on contingency--this is where things start getting bad. Contingency means that they don't have any particular agreement with the employer and the employer might have listed with multiple agencies. Or even worse, the employer wants nothing at all to do with recruiters, and these guys just harvested a job description off a website and are going to try to squeeze their way into the hiring process. Generally these guys are pretty much bottom feeders and will just take a spray and pray approach; they're why almost any job posting you see will say "no agency resumes". I'm not even sure how they have a viable business model since nobody really wants to work with them, but I suspect they just hire a bunch of kids/desperate people and pay them on commission. Sadly these are the people that spend all day on LinkedIn or combing monster. Some of them are OK but you really want to be careful.

I had a sinking feeling that these outfits were bad, but I didn't know they were that bad. Has anyone had any success working with guys like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread