Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fame Throwa
Nov 3, 2007

Time to make all the decisions!
I have two stupid questions:

Do you have to put a picture up? I'm not totally comfortable putting a picture of myself online, especially on a site where anyone can view it. It doesn't help that I don't have any professional looking pictures of myself, and I really don't photograph well at all.

I've got a small network in the city I live in right now. That would be nice if I was going to stay here, but I plan on moving to another city where I have no contacts and nobody in my network has relevant ones in that city. Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Throwa
Nov 3, 2007

Time to make all the decisions!

HiroProtagonist posted:

It depends on the industry you're in. Can you elaborate?

Education. To be specific, I'm looking for jobs in libraries. It doesn't help that even when I look for connections locally, I've had a lot of trouble finding contacts in my field because most of the people I've worked with don't use LinkedIn.

• Locked thread