Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I'm really dumb and cannot figure out where to put in the comment when joining the group. I tried to message the group leaders and it wouldn't let me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Can you expand upon this a little bit?

Pollyanna posted:

I also mentioned having some experience in programming/software development.

Because this:

Pollyanna posted:

The company wants someone with experience with medical device software, writing assembly instructions, writing GPU algorithms, and electrical hardware. He did mention they'd be willing to train me on the job, though I'm not sure to what extent.

doesn't sound particularly trivial. I mean, you're certainly right in that you should get more information from the guy associated with filling the job and not me, a fat guy on the Internet, but this sort of integrated programming isn't that intuitive if you don't already have a good background in EECS. Very low level and esoteric.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Why not? It's just a conversation. Either now is a good time, or they'll say to get back in touch closer to your graduation date. The worst case scenario is you're advancing a relationship with a contact.

• Locked thread