Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
A lot of people have just their job titles listed under "experience" while others have full résumé-style descriptions. Is more information always better here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

HardDisk posted:

First of all, thanks HiroProtagonist for making this thread, knowing how to use LinkedIn looks like it is a great boon to your career, and with a very good OP to boot.

My question, for now, is:

I'm not in the US, and I want to focus (for now at least) on getting a job around my region, but I don't want to completely shut out any possibility of getting a job in a foreign country (I can dream, right? :allears:). Am I just over-thinking this and I should just go for adding foreign contacts or should I stick to local contacts? Also, should I add my information on my domestic language or should I just go for full-on English?

You may be over-thinking this. I don't know what your field is but within a day of joining groups on LinkedIn, I've seen a dozen overseas jobs posted.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Couple questions: How do you find recruiters?
Second, how do you handle making 3rd degree connections, what's the best way to phrase the request?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Yeah that's been around a month or two now. Good stuff.

She got ripped apart on the internet for that, and at least two other similar responses. In all three the line "I suggest you join the other Job Bank in town - oh wait there isn't one" is used.

• Locked thread