Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slig
Mar 30, 2010

Sarcasmatron posted:

Being overly selective about accepting invites is missing the point. There's no downside to making and accepting invites - you do not get LinkedIn cooties.

So is it kosher to just blind invite tons of people from the group? Otherwise there is maybe 1 person in my industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slig
Mar 30, 2010
I received a message from the founder of a company that seems to deal with setting military vets up with jobs but I've never been in the military. In the message she asked for my phone number, though we've had no previous contact. Maybe the internet has made me paranoid, but I'm wary of giving my phone number out to random internet person who has just contacted me for the first time. How common is it for recruiters to just come out and ask for your phone number? It's the first message I've gotten over LinkedIn so I'm probably overreacting. Is this just the way it's done?

• Locked thread