Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

So is there any downside to spamming connections to anyone in my area with the word "recruiter" in their title?

I plan on making the most of this tactic by following up with my e-mail address and an offer to send my resume and chat about possible positions.

A GIANT PARSNIP fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Sep 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

HiroProtagonist posted:

This is in fact the recommended tactic. ;)

There's a couple of companies in my area with 10,000+ employees with positions I'm interested in. I'm applying on their websites, but the listings don't give a contact and the companies have a bunch of people in HR/Recruitment. What's the best way to try to reach out to them on or off LinkedIn? Should I just pick someone with the most recruitment like title, shoot them a connection, and hope they accept so I can message them?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

HiroProtagonist posted:

If you are connecting with the intent of boosting your application's visibility, that is fine, but unless you are going to message people about general opportunities instead, messaging them about submitted applications might be a little too aggressive. The former is fine.

Is there a good way to follow up in this situation, or am I already sunk by going in without knowing anyone before applying? I'm probably overqualified for the positions I'm applying to, but I'm underpaid by about 50% and my current employer is an overrun psych ward so I'm trying to look like the perfect candidate without smelling strangely desperate.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Is it okay to reach out and make connections with third party recruiters? I have experience and an industry certification, and I'm super interested in having people come to me with opportunities.

• Locked thread