Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Is there a list of things I can do to finish my profile? I'm sitting at 85% and it keeps telling me to update things that are already up to date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Three of Clubs posted:

When I was finishing my profile, what kept me from 100% for a long time was that I needed to have 50 contacts. That could be it.

Sure enough the second I hit 50 it jumped up. Now to figure out this last 5%. I'm guessing it's getting a recommendation from someone.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I just selected friend and added whatever message. They'll more likely than not accept it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I wouldn't worry about sending it in word format. Pretty much what they do is delete your personal information and replace it wit their agencies info. Depending on the position you are gunning for If you get hired you are technically an employee of the agency that's contracted out to whomever. Right now I'm more or less a full time permanent temp worker.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Absolutely none as far as I see.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I submitted my resume to a recruiter and was immediately called back. 5 minutes on the phone and I was scheduled for a drug test before the actual interview with the company. Seems the dude before me failed his and they needed a fast replacement. I suppose I was lucky with that job being in the exact right place at the right time.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Doctor and esquire are the only titles people give a poo poo about anyway

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Have a default message like "I would like to connect and send a resume" or just spam that connect button with recruiters.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Surely you can take a not awful picture of you in a nice shirt or suit in front of a wall. Even just a head shot will work.

How ugly are you?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Shipon posted:

Pretty dang ugly.

You probably just need a haircut.

To YLLS you go!

But really just do a distance shot or a headshot in your best light/angle

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

You could put it as part of your summary. I don't know how much it will show up in searches though

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

It's a waste of time. The OP is really what a professional would end up doing anyway. Hell that Resume2Interviews guy literally copied your resume to your profile and added you to a few relevant groups. Save your money

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I've heard recommendations are actually useful in that it is a real person writing things about you. Can't hurt really.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Are they paid?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Yea I think the recommendations are the thing you'd want to try and get rather than just the endorsements. I liken endorsements to liking someones facebook status.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Endorsements are useless. The equivalent of Facebook liking. You want personal recommendations if possible

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

1) Don't use them as the original guy sold it off a while ago and is now staffed by...far less competent people
2) Especially don't do any sort of LinkedIn service as all it will do is copy/paste your resume, add you to some groups, and pick what they think is the best of a group of photos you submit. My girlfriend did it and it was a huge waste.

Just look through the OP and you'll figure it out.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Asked to do an interview and you're wondering if you're in consideration? Did I read that wrong? Yes you are and that's a good sign. Keep doing what you're doing and let the pieces fall where they may.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Awesome! Congrats

• Locked thread