Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I didn't see it on the front page. I know I want to get my profile to all-star, but it's not telling me what I'm missing. I'm currently at expert. Where can I find what I need to add?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I had a really bad day, looked at linkedin, saw someone post something really stupid on a public status about Obama, and wrote a rude reply. It's nothing awful, but I realized after I submitted it that I should never touch the poop that is politics when in my professional life.

A) Can someone who searches my profile see the comments I've made on other peoples' stuff?
B) If so, how do I get rid of that comment?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

If someone were determined to find it (i.e. you are Donald Trump and everyone saves what you say/pull off of social media) they could find it, whether or not you deleted it. If you just go back to the comment, I am near-certain you can delete it. I just searched Google for "My name" site:linkedin.com to see if I could see anything I commented on, and it didn't even bring up group discussion posts, which I know I've made. LinkedIn's social media feed is useless, much like skill endorsements. Most normal people are just going to look at your profile and any other open public social media you have.

Yeah, I tried finding it and I couldn't. I was worried that there would be a facebook-style feed on the publicly visible profile page. There's not. It's not like I called anyone's mother a whore, I just said someone was talking out their rear end. I save calling peoples' mothers whores for SA.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Can we have an attitude when it’s the same job a month later? Is that okay?

Bonus: it was a contract to hire job that had a $10,000 HDHP plan for $700 per month. I actually said in the exit survey that their insurance is a dumpster fire and an insult, because I would have to be pretty drat desperate to apply there again anyway.

Didn’t seem to get me on a blacklist, they’ve contacted me about other poo poo jobs since then.

• Locked thread