Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Stupid questions: any advice for setting up LI if you aren't looking for another job? I'm pretty happy where I'm at, but our marketing person was aghast I am not on LI. They offered to take care of it for me, but not sure about that, based on other work I've seen.

Does it look weird to be a late-joiner? My boss is worried clients will think company is in the shitter if senior management starts building LI profiles at the same time.

Should you build connections with coworkers? Our younger set is on there, just us old farts who have been resisting. I know it isn't a friend and family thing.

Set up a Gmail account just for this? Or is there not too much inbox filtering to manage? My regular work account gets about 10 items a week "so and so wants to connect" and that is no big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Another stupid question. My profile is pretty bleak, but then when I started adding publications it went up to "expert" and is 85% is percent complete, by the bubble. I didn't even have any connections yet.

Is this normal? Should I just cut those out?

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

CarForumPoster posted:

Why would you cut publications? They make you look smert

It just looks silly, I guess. Like 20 of them, with no connections. Someone accept me to the stairmasters group (sent request last night) so I can spam you all with my smerts connections.

• Locked thread