Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onaemus
Feb 3, 2013

HiroProtagonist posted:

You can copy and paste your resume, but it's better to distill your experience and position responsibilities into narrative form. No more than a short paragraph or so; about 5-6 sentences should do it. In other words, just enough to give people a good idea of your previous experience without being overly wordy. Bullets don't really scan as well on a website profile, and putting in paragraph form condenses it a bit so that people are more likely to read it all too.

Thanks OP for the superb thread. I was looking into LinkedIn for a while and from what being recommended to me is exactly like you said. You want your experience to be a short summary highlighting your achievements and skills that you acquired. Concise and to the point is best. Company's recruiters are also look at your skills that being vouched. It doesn't really tell a whole story but I guess it's important for them to know that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread