Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Just like in all careers, there are good and bad recruiters, and it doesn't really take much skill to differentiate them.

Hahahah there are no good recruiters. I'd rank scum like used car salesmen or even true dirtbags like real estate agents higher than recruiters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Goddamn everytime I log into Linkedin it just gets shittier and shittier. Today my wall is filled with people liking photos of bald cancer kids holding signs and paid clickbaity shallow news stories about "corporate culture". I loving hate bald cancer kids more than anything on earth. Christ, what happened to this site?

Deleting my account since it hasn't been useful or informative in a year or two. None of the higher level people I know seem to have bothered updating their title or company in a long time. Is there another service that looks more like linkedin circa 2009 or so that people have moved on to yet?

Pryor on Fire fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 3, 2015

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

Wow, today half of my linkedin feed is just cancer kid sob stories and pictures. First time I've visited in six months, seems to be getting worse and worse all the time. Has some other professional network gained much traction yet?

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

Don't put your resume on linkedin just your company name and grossly inflated job title. I seriously can't find a single person who isn't a senior lead manager vice president director on linkedin anymore, it's bizarre how people fight for those meaningless titles even when they are doing entry level helpdesk poo poo.

Oh and be sure to put that you're the founder and CEO of whatever home business you started even if you never incorporated and have never tried to make any money with it, that seems to be mandatory for linkedin profiles in 2016.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

Why do you want to hit some silly gamification number on a website? Even when the gamification fad died off two years ago and linkedin (as well as everyone else) is aggressively removing all that crap?

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

Yeah that attitude is bizarre. You see I'm a different person when I walk into the office, I would never go to concerts or smoke pot, that's some other person that is not who I am in this building. I must hide this alter identity from my coworkers as much as possible, they must never know about it because it's too alternative and edgy!

Guess what all the very serious people wearing ties you're trying to impress smoke pot and go to concerts too. Relax, nobody cares.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

Nobody cares what your GPA was, in any situation, ever. It's generally an indicator of lack of experience if you put it on a resume/profile, no matter how high it is just forget about it, noone cares.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

Why does it matter? Stop wasting time speculating about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

Today I got a targeted post for entry level work at Sbarro. Apparently if you just neglect linkedin for years they assume you are unemployed and destitute.

• Locked thread