Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

FrozenVent posted:

I've had multiple recruiters reach out through LinkedIn, and I found a job through the ads on there once.

The recruiters were all useless though ("Oh, uh, your salary expectations are a bit high for the market...")

What that means is they're trying to undersell you to make it more likely that you get a job. They're thinking that if you're that qualified but willing to sell yourself short then they're sure to get their commission. A.K.A. don't use any recruiter who uses that line.

I once had a recruiter tell me that my current salary at my current job was too high for the market and then was surprised when I said I was not going to go to their office or use their services. Call me over paid then expect me to hire you to find me a job? Yeah right.

Edit: To further elaborate, he refused to believe that that was my salary and thought I was lying. I decided to Google my company's name, the city I work in, and what salary they offer and my position and salary popped up highr in Google!

Covok fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Aug 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I need some advice.

I've been applying for work diligently. Often, I end up apping to a staffing agency's posting. There is so many of them and I don't know their names. I go there for a screening, but I get this vibe that they aren't there for a job but just to get my info for a database. I'm worried my info may end up being sent to people multiple times because of this, thus hurting my search. Is this fear grounded? Do they do that when you just came in for a particular job?

Also, why do all recruiters seem to suck so bad? Since my real name isn't attached, can I just say that only one recruiter has ever gotten me any interview and his advice for it probably ended up hurting more than helping me. Yeesh!

• Locked thread