Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
Not sure why you'd post about your lack of LinkedIn integrity. You're pretty much just some kind of Linkedin whore now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
Been standard for a while.

I actually got contacted by a recruiter about a position the other day. We'll see how it goes.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

Anyone who's been on LinkedIn for more than a week has probably gotten a ton of bullshit endorsements and isn't under any other impression what they are.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

Two weeks ago I got contacted by a recruiter about a job opening through LinkedIn. Ended up getting the job and I'm starting on the second. So I guess what I'm saying is, make a profile just for the hell of it.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

Tai-Pan posted:

Also, as a general FYI, I came to this thread to post a request; If you are interested in a company, please don't message/connect with people and attempt to "just have coffee" to "learn more about the industry/company".
Please have some loving tact and state a clear agenda and offer a reason why I should get up early to have coffee with you. Unless you are a hyper-connected VC I don't care about "putting me in touch with your network". If I had a job opening I would have posted it, assclowns.

I work 60+hrs a week and I have a young child and another on the way.
I don't have time to meet with every goddamn goober that thinks it would be "cool" to work at the company I work for.

I get about 2 of these requests a week from friend-of-a-friend type things.

That's a pretty clearly stated agenda actually.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

They want to know what you're looking for so they don't waste their clients time.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I saw this linkedin article today.

Justin Mares
Director of Revenue at Airbrake
https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140722235610-67056463-why-real-businesses-don-t-charge-5-month?trk=tod-home-art-list-small_2

Been a while since I've seen the comments get so hostile towards someone.

Harry fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jul 24, 2014

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I only respond to the ones that contact me twice.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I just wouldn't bother with it.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I don't think I've ever seen the reason why they know me when accepting.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

Angry Lobster posted:

About two weeks ago the recruiter of a top notch corporation sent me a connection request in Linkedinout of the blue (I have been out of their industry for a while). I checked their vacancies webpage and I found they have recently published a 2-year training programme I'm hugely interested in, and this dude is the one in charge of it. I should apply and send him a message through Linkedin but I've never faced this kind of situation, any tips on how should I approach this?

Connect with him, and then send him an inmail asking about the position.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

Year end has ended, and vacation season is right around the corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

Have you connected with any recruiters? All the boards I've ran into are just spam.

• Locked thread