Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
A few months ago I was in weekly contact with an account manager and project manager/recruiter at a recruitment firm. They would send me emails with potential jobs to see if I was interested. It has been a few months since they have contacted me but I recently paid to have my resume revised and updated. Along with making it more focused and removing irrelevant experiences. I'm wondering how I should contact them. Should I sent each of them a separate email with my resume attached? Or sent it to both at the same time? I obviously do not know what their relationship or collaboration is at their firm but there would be times when all three of us would be involved in the same email thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
I have my LinkedIn profile on private and have it set where I cannot see who viewed my profile and people cannot see that I viewed their profile. How do recruiters contact me about potential jobs when I have my profile set on private? Also, can people with LinkedIn Premium see that I viewed their page even with my current settings?

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004

HiroProtagonist posted:

Given that the whole point of this thread is to do the opposite of literally everything you just said, I think that answers your first question in and of itself. :v:

As for the second, that I do not know.

Sorry, wasn't clear with my first question. I have my profile set on private but recruiters still manage to contact me about my qualifications and job experience. How?

2nd question: Also, can people with LinkedIn Premium see that I viewed their page even with my current settings?

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
I am currently in the job market and wanting to get back in touch with the owner of a consulting firm that I worked for a few years ago. I worked for her firm immediately after college and after my contract was over, she was very helpful in trying to find me new connections to land me a new job. Unfortunately, since I had no experience besides the short contract I had with her company, many other employers and contacts were hesitant in going any further with me. Well now its a few years later, I have solid experience under my belt and I would like to get back in touch with her. I am linked with her on LinkedIn and I also have her Email as well. How should I go about this?

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004

FrozenVent posted:

Email her?

How should I go about it? Should I ask her to see if she wants to meet for coffee? Ask her directly to see if she knows of any relevant open positions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
I've been using LinkedIn to find potential job opportunities and found it to be a great tool. Have been able to get in touch with many people and have set up interviews as well. However, I noticed that there are a good amount of companies that do not advertise job listings on LinkedIn but I'll see their listings on Glassdoor and Indeed. Do you guys have any other websites that I could search for job listings besides LinkedIn, Glassdoor, and Indeed? Right now, I'm very interested in working in Europe as well so I'm aware of LinkedIn type sites such as Xing for the German market but I wonder if there are any other sites I could use.

• Locked thread