Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three of Clubs
Dec 7, 2004
really truly?

SaltLick posted:

Is there a list of things I can do to finish my profile? I'm sitting at 85% and it keeps telling me to update things that are already up to date.

When I was finishing my profile, what kept me from 100% for a long time was that I needed to have 50 contacts. That could be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three of Clubs
Dec 7, 2004
really truly?

SaltLick posted:

Sure enough the second I hit 50 it jumped up. Now to figure out this last 5%. I'm guessing it's getting a recommendation from someone.

I don't think that is it as I am on 100% without any recommendations. I am out of ideas.

Three of Clubs
Dec 7, 2004
really truly?

Pollyanna posted:

At the expense of everyone knowing how dumb I am on the internet, what's wrong with my LinkedIn profile?

http://linkd.in/ZWPM2E

I really never get any people looking at me. I'm sitting at around 2 or 3 views per month and have never been contacted by recruiters or anything, and I have no idea why. What am I doing wrong? :(

Ha ha lets laugh at the jobless losers ha.

I can't view anything in your profile as you're a third degree connection to me. You're also someone that I can't connect to, all I can do is send you in-mails.

At a guess the reason why few people view your profile is because you have 22 connections so you're not in many peoples networks. I'd imagine that a lot of people, like myself, can't see your profile.

Three of Clubs
Dec 7, 2004
really truly?

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

LI's definition of a LION also says "Don't network with people you don't actually know."

If someone could kindly explain the benefit of having hundreds of contacts that you have no professional or personal relationship with whatsoever, that would be great.

I think that information is contained within the OP.

There's no doubt that a large network of people you have professional relationships with is better than a large network of people you have never met. But if having a large network makes you more accessible to other LinkedIn members (particularly recruiters), then there's no doubt that a large network of people you don't know is better than no network. While you can't ask anyone in your network for anything, you still show up in more search results.

This method isn't as relevant for people who already have developed professional networks, unless they want to make a major shift outside their network such as moving overseas or changing industries.

• Locked thread